HIV-CARE & TREATMENT ADVISOR
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
Boresha Afya Project Vacancies; December 2020
MDH (Sub recipient) works in collaboration with Deloitte Consulting Limited (Prime) to implement the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program aimed at improving HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services and outcomes across six regions of Tanzania. Through this program MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies which will require significant field work and travel up to 80% of the time.
HIV-CARE & TREATMENT ADVISOR: 1 Post
Location: WANG’ING’OMBE OFFICE
Reports to: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee planning, implementation and M&E of HIV services including HIV Testing and ART services under the USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone Program, in her/his respective council(s).
- Provide oversight and lead the implementation of key HIV program initiatives to address program, donor and national priorities – such as index HIV testing, focused PITC, linkage for ART initiation and Viral load suppression – in line with national guidelines
- Actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA) to Regional & Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT) and supported health facilities in planning and implementation of HIV programs and services.
- Conduct need assessment, on HIV services provision in her/his council(s) and organize efforts to address these needs -; including areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the R/CHMT.
- Ensure timely collection and submission of HIV services data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize HIV services data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in HIV services provision, design and implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives to address the gaps identified.
- Organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate project progress towards assigned targets.
- Prepare timely quarterly and annual narrative reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents on HIV services as assigned by line manager.
- Support and advise the line manager on all HIV services issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Experience, educational and professional qualifications
- Medical Doctor Degree.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in managing public health programs/services.
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing, implementation, and management of HIV-related programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. MDH does not have any agents and does not charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Applications should be submitted by Monday 11th January, 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni B, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.