HIV DRUG RESISTANCE ZONAL COORDINATOR – 3 positions at MDH, March 2019
The Management and Development for Health (MDH) in collaboration with NACP and CDC Tanzania is planning to implement the study titled “Estimating the burden and types of HIV drug resistance among pregnant women living with HIV.” for period of 1 year. The study will take place in 19 regions, 32 districts and 52 sites. MDH invites qualified and interested Tanzanians to apply for the following positions:
POSITION: HIV DRUG RESISTANCE ZONAL COORDINATOR – 3 positions
- Zonel : Mbeya, Iringa, Njombe, Rukwa, Songwe, and Ruvuma
- Zone 2 : Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Tanga, Pwani, Dodoma
- Zone 3 : Mwanza, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Geita, Tabora, Kigoma, Kagera, Mara
The zonal study coordinator – HIV drug resistance study (HIVDR) will be responsible to overseeing day-to-day implementation of the study activities in given zonal regions. He/she will lead implementation and reporting of project activities, expenditure, outputs and outcomes in assigned region(s). He /she will ensure the regional and district governments are aware of the study and receive interim reports of the findings, as well as participate in study review meetings quarterly. He/she will ensure the data clerks, study nurses in the respective regions are well trained and have all the SOPs required for the study. He/she will oversee recruitment of study participants in a speed that’s required in all regions and will address any issues that hider timely recruitment.
He /she will also supervise blood samples collection and transportation to Temeke Lab as well as returning the results to the respective sites and to patients.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To coordinate and oversee implementation of study activities in assigned regions and sites
- Supervise data clerks and study nurses at all sites in given regions
- Oversee study recruitment in timely manner and report weekly
- Oversee sample collection and transportation and work with the Temeke lab to ensure samples are received and are viable
- Work with the Temeke lab to ensure any inviable sample is addressed within 24 hrs by getting the client and taking another sample
- Organize zonal trainings for data clerks and nurses at the given regions
- Organize inception and other meetings for key stake holders at the zone
- To organize and support routine meetings with key project stakeholders to share, monitor and evaluate project progress towards assigned targets.
- To report to and update his/her supervisor on the progress of study implementation on weekly basis or as required by his/her supervisor
- Any delay of samples, allowing samples that are not viable and poor/delaying recruitment will lead to penalization of the office
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- A holder of bachelor degree in research, social sciences, law, public administration
- Experience in research will be an added advantage
- At least 1-2 years of experience in coordinating any project
- Demonstrate understanding of the Tanzania Health System and policy environment
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience working with CSOs and LCAs will also be an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information of three work related referees by 7th April, 2019 to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7th April, 2019
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.