Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services to improve health and lives of the people of Tanzania.
In Dar es Salaam, MDH supports the Government of Tanzania through the Regional Government and Municipal councils of Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni in the provision of comprehensive facility-based HIV prevention, care and treatment services and program management. In order to strengthen care and treatment of PLWHA in Dar es Salaam, MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni Municipal Councils have pleasure to invite suitable candidates to fill the following contracted vacancies:
Job Title: HIV TESTER (39 posts)
Full time work station: CTC, PMTCT and TB/HIV Clinics
Reports to: Health Facility In-charge
HIV Testing counselor requires extensive, current knowledge of the HIV prevention measures. Testing counsellor must enjoy working with other people, have a compassionate nature and be a good listener. A broad knowledge of diverse cultural beliefs and attitudes is often necessary when working with diverse population.
Should have the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Nursing/Clinical Medicine, Certificate/Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology; and must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
- Three years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services
- He/she must have a valid License/Certificate of
Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/She is responsible to create awareness and education on the existence of HIV Testing Services (HTS) i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health
- To serve as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care
- To provide on-going counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights, provide psychosocial support and assist with referral and
- To assess, document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral
- To monitor the quality of test kits by the use of suitable control materials/samples from laboratory
- To be up to date on current HTS protocols/guidelines and ensure correct testing services (periodic review of standard operating procedures with support from laboratory department).
- To ensure safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for undertaking the HTS activities on
- To compile and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and/or quarterly to the HTS coordinators on
- To keep accurate HTS and referral/linkage records (logbooks, registers, reports)
- To work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensure HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by the clinical
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application letters, CVs, Certified copies of academic certificates and valid license to practice for carders with such.