HJFMRI TPDF Continuous Quality Improvement Officer
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 1 year
HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands Zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country. Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 7th, 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered. HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions below:
Reports to: Continuous Quality Improvement Advisor
Location: HJFMRI TPDF HQ (Dar es Salaam)
HJFMRI is looking for a candidate to fill the position of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) officer to be based in Dar es Salaam. Under the supervision of the Continuous Quality Improvement Advisor, the CQI Officer will adhere to the Tanzanian Quality Improvement Framework in Health Care, while ensuring that quality improvement initiatives are carried out across the TPDF sites. The CQI Officer will be part of the TPDF program team at HJFMRI, with close links to the CQI team and other technical staff, working together to improve the Quality of HIV services provided by the organization, at the supported health facilities and outreach partners.
The CQI Officer will work on gaps and challenges identified during supportive supervision visits and other assessments of HIV services. The Quality of program activities will be measured and analyzed, and feedback given to his/her direct supervisor regularly. The position is based in Dar es Salaam with frequent (50%) travels to the TPDF military health facilities for different program activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate HIV related Quality Improvement (QI) activities within the TPDF Program amongst health facility staff, program staff, TPDF/CMS, and R/CHMTs.
- Work in close collaboration with CQI coordinator at the TPDF Chief of Medical Services office, and assure consistency of HIV care and treatment services in supported sites as per established national guidelines.
- Collaborate with HJFMRI technical leads and regional teams and R/ CHMTs to implement and maintain an effective and coordinated approach to supportive supervision
- Effectively collaborate with field-based WRP/HJFMRI clinical team and health facilities CQI teams to analyze gaps and challenges identified during supportive supervision visits and subsequently provide technical assistance for remediation/action plans
- Support the coordination and implementation of supportive supervision, mentorship, and remediation visits at the regional and district level, in close collaboration with the CQI Advisor and the SI team.
- Monitor the activities of CQI teams at the health facility and outreach partner level and communicate with the teams regularly.
- Receive QI reports from facility-based and outreach partners with QI teams regularly, analyze the reports, and provide feedback to the direct supervisor and the CQI team.
- Facilitate and participate in site visits to assess the progress in CQI implementation at the partner level and
- identify ways forward to deal with challenges.
- Work with field-based clinical teams to provide on-site QI consultations and coaching to supported sites, using information gathered during assessments, so that results are used to effect changes in HIV clinic practice.
- Any other duties to support the program as assigned from time to time. Secondary Responsibilities:
- Support the regional HJFMRI-T TPDF technical team to include CQI in their day to day activities and monitor the implementation of these activities.
- Ensure the availability and use of the national and international policies, guidelines, training manuals, recording and reporting tools and information, education, and communication materials related to the Quality Improvement Program/Initiative.
- Periodically measure and improve the quality of HIV/AIDS and related care through supportive supervision and other available means
- Be involved in developing clinical program quality indicators and track them over time, using the results for remediation of gaps and challenges
- Support the facilitation of QI meetings at regional and district levels, notably for program staff and representatives of medical and outreach partners
- Collaborate with TPDF and other stakeholders to identify CQI implementation gaps and support the development of evidence-based interventions to rectify and maintain quality HIV &AIDS services.
- Communicate best practices and updates to ensure consistency in the program application and maximize effectiveness in overall program implementation and management
- Participate in QI meetings at local and national level
Knowledge and Qualifications
● A Medical Degree (MD) or equivalent
● At least 1 year of experience in clinical medicine
● Prior experience to working with armed forces is an added advantage.
● Previous exposure to the planning and implementing HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs is an added advantage
● Prior experience in CQI or mentorship activities is an added advantage.
● A clear understanding of Tanzanian health structure and system
● Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
● Fluency in the English language
● Computer skills in basic applications such as Microsoft Office
● Basic understanding of monitoring and evaluation and data analysis is an added advantage