Position: Housekeeping Supervisor
Scope of work
In broad terms the housekeeping supervisor oversees the following key performance areas:
- Communicate with the head housekeeper and housekeeping staff continuously to ensure smooth running of the department and ongoing motivation of staff
- Supervision of lodge cleaning and preparation to achieve and maintain Singita standards
- Monitoring of housekeeping equipment and lodge furnishing in order to facilitate upkeep
- Training and development of staff in accordance with HR requirements
- Performance management of staff to ensure maximum productivity and a positive staff morale
- Providing the “extra touches” to the lodge suites / and laundry to ensure the guest experience is special; and monitoring the maintenance of the standards set by Style and Décor team
- Oversee the laundry / housekeeping team to ensure the timeous and safe washing /ironing of guest laundry; and easy access for staff to a functioning laundry facilities and other responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with lodge management re housekeeping issues and standards
- Attend the morning meetings [in absence of the Ass Head Housekeeper or Head Housekeeper] to ensure the Housekeeping department is up to date as regards lodge plans and that management is kept informed of housekeeping matters of general interest
- Provide maintenance issue list daily to facilitate the maintenance process
- Complete monthly stock takes from all housekeeping related areas to ensure that shrinkage is kept to a minimum and stock control is maximised
- Manage the housekeeping stores and ensure that shrinkage of consumables is kept to a minimum and stock control is maximized.
- Attend and cross train in either laundry or room responsibilities or where capacity needs to be built
- Company training manuals and courses to be completed according to the specific requirements (Lobster/Ecolab Training etc.) 15. Move between all Singita and supportive properties when required
- As such the person filling this position needs to have:
- Knowledge of housekeeping standards and procedures
- Previous experience as a housekeeper in a similar establishment
- Strong administration ability – particularly in terms of procurement and stock control
- Computer skills – E-mail, MS Word and Excel in particular
- The ability to manage, motivate and train a large staff complement
- Assertiveness and strong communication skills
- Attention to detail and consistent follow up
Agility and stamina
Ability to work under a continuous pressure, extra hours & at any station within the company properties i.e. Sabora Camp, Faru Faru lodge & Camp Sabayaya respectively.
Competitive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, will be offered to the successful candidate.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be addressed and sent to the undersigned either by email via [email protected] and or by postal mail not later than 31st March 2021.
Head of Human Resources,
Grumeti Reserves Ltd,
P.O Box 65,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Grumeti Fund Trust is an equal opportunity employer, women with qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.