Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee
- Align, implement and maintain NRC HR systems, policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in accordance with NRC policy and guidelines.
- In so doing ensure that the HR policies and procedures in Kenya are in consistent with local government laws and good practice
- Give technical guidance and support to HR and Admin staff in Tanzania.
- Guide Country Management Group and line managers on HR processes such as recruitment; induction; staff development; performance management.
- Update staff on HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and advice on all recruitments and selection in liaison with line managers and through WebCruiter and other channels.
- Coordinate clearance of staff including exit interviews and final dues payments
- Align/design, implement and maintain an effective and efficient staff record and filing system including contracts, leave, medical, archiving etc
- Be the contact person related to medical evacuation of national staff in Tanzania
- Ensure timely remittance and proper filing of statutory deductions such as NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, Insurances and Pension
- Manage staff benefits schemes like medical, insurance, pension and provident funds schemes
- Coordinate and plan for staff care initiatives when needed
- Ensure timely processing of the payroll for Tanzania offices
- In consultation with the Country Director and Area Manager, address staff grievances and disciplinary measures
- Coordinate all NRC staff development plans in accordance with NRC Handbook and decisions taken by the management in Kenya
- Ensure staff sign necessary employment documentation on an annual basis.
- Assist the CD and Area Managers with any necessary restructuring processes.
Professional competencies & Qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Administration
- Understanding of the relevant laws and statutory requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience from working as a HR Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Knowledge about own manager skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
At NORCAP, we work to better protect and empower people affected by crises and climate change. With expertise in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors, we collaborate with local, national and international partners on finding solutions to meet the needs of people at risk. NORCAP is part of the Norwegian Refugee Council.