Full-time · Associate
Human Resources Advisor: Generalist – Tanzania Territory Central Africa
Reporting to the HR Services Manager, we are looking for a HR Generalist on a full-time basis to work as part of a team that provide comprehensive HR advice to employees and managers ensuring best practice, internal processes and legal obligations are followed. We are looking for someone who is confident in managing complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence management, performance improvement processes and reorganization.
- Applying HR and business knowledge you will be required to evidence appropriate decision-making skills.
- As a key contact for managers, you will advise on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice using internal process standards.
- With your knowledge of our policies, you will be expected to develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- As a key point of contact within HR you will work closely with the compensation & benefit and payroll team to ensure payroll receive details of upcoming changes in a timely manner.
- Working with the business on any strategy changes on a Sales Area or local level, will enable you to contribute to the future success of the business.
- With business vision in mind, you will be expected to actively manage any recruitment and support recruiting managers and other internal stakeholders to ensure business skill gaps are filled in line with business vision.
- You will support the recruitment process, including writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions.
- You will ensure new starters receive a comprehensive and informative induction.
- Participate in the implementation of specific global or local projects and manage any annual processes such as salary and annual performance reviews.
- A team player and understand the necessity and value of teamwork; ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong legal knowledge is desired to enable you to keep up to date with any legal changes that could impact the business. General knowledge of Tanzania regulations and in-depth knowledge of employment law.
- Awareness of confidentiality and knowledge of practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization, its business activities, and employees; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations will form a key part of this role.
- Effective Communication – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas,
- information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Interpersonal Relations – Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- A creative and flexible approach and ability to apply it to different situations.
- Focused on self-development and proactively develop additional knowledge and skills which benefit this role and support HR Services.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques, ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- HR Systems – Knowledge of HR systems (Workday, SharePoint, others) to monitor processes and ensure employee records are kept up to date.
- Coaching – Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
- You will need previous experience in a HR Generalist or similar role
- Global and/or HR shared service experience or relevant service center experience desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient in Workday or similar HR database system is desirable
Diploma/Degree in Human Resources