Job Description – HR Assistant (1800103)
HR Assistant – (1800103)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-Term Appointment
Contract duration: Two years
Job Posting: Jan 16, 2018, 9:58:40 AM
Closing Date: Feb 6, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Primary Location: South Africa-Pretoria
Organization: AF_ZAF South Africa
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of the Human Resources Unit is to deliver the new HR service model in an efficient and timely manner. This means responsibility for all human resources activities for the Country Offices, such as position classification, recruitment, contract administration, employment conditions and entitlements, policy formulation and staff development. As the first point of contact for HR issues, the team will provide advice on personnel matters to senior management and staff members in the countries of focus.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide relevant HR information and initiate transactions in the Global Management System (GSM) in the following areas
;–> Initiate position actions (Position classification and reclassification actions);
–> Initiate Hiring and staffing actions and hiring of consultants through the Procurement module
;–> Contract Management (appointments, extension of appointments, separation actions) changes in status actions;
–> Advise on possible reasons of HRAP rejections
;–> Provide support to Staff in initiating TRs for statutory travels (Processing of staff entitlements);
–> Provide support to Staff in the use of the staff self-service module (GSM end-users).
2.Monitor and Report on HR Actions:
–> Through regular reporting, he/she will monitor transactions initiated, appointments coming to an end and that need to be extended, separation actions for a timely action on the part of managers and staff.
3. He/she will liaise with HR counterparts in HRM/AFRO and Global Human Resources services in Kuala Lumpur (GHR) to ensure a proper follow up on actions. Track transactions and follow up with overdue ones;
4. Hire conference staff (interpreters) for statutory meetings and for meetings taking place in the Regional Office. Organize the logistics including travel requests and travel claims. Communicate timely to requesting units providing feedback;
5. Perform all actions related to recruitment and selection processes in Stellis Recruitment and onboarding system for fixed and short-term staff in the professional and general services categories such as requisition initiation, publishing of the vacancy notice, long listing, prescreening candidates and communicating the longlist with hiring managers, organizing testing and interviews and generating selection reports;
6. Calculate entitlements applicable to various statutory allowances and grants, prepare and compile summaries of unusual cases/exceptions for reference purposes; verify reporting forms and related supporting documents for new staff members to determine entitlements;
7. Brief staff members (new or current) on their entitlements with respect to remuneration and related allowances, social security and statutory travel;
8. Provide advice on position descriptions and ensure all positions are updated and properly classified in the Global Management System (GSM);
9. Assist in recording and follow ups required for disciplinary related cases;
9. The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar covering their portfolio of countries.10. Perform any other related duties/responsibilities as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary school or equivalent, and training in personnel/human resources management.
Essential: At least 8 years of experience in administrative positions, preferably in WHO in functions encompassing personnel matters. Experience in interpreting personnel rules and procedures as well as administration of staff entitlements.
Desirable: An in depth knowledge of WHO Rules and Regulations, WHO Manual, and experience or knowledge of staff entitlements highly desirable.
Work requires maintaining up to date knowledge on any changes to Staff Regulations and Rules as well as standard operating procedures.
The incumbent is also expected to maintain computer skills including skills expertise in the Global Management System, to the standard of the Organization by self-study or in-house training. Knowledge of WHO rules, regulations, policies and practices would be an asset.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at ZAR 294,127 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.