Job title: HR Business Partner
Location: Dar es Salaam
Job ID: 32161
• Ownership of the relationship with respective function
• Internal client relationships in relation to specific HR activity
• To be an active and influential player enabling the effective diagnosis of business issues/ strategy and goals, turning these into People Plans (E.g. STP, MTP)
• Take a proactive role in the development of the HR Priorities and lead the implementation of this and other major change as required within your business areas.
• Drive business leadership teams, through the interpretation of these priorities turning them into real action plans
• Provide active leadership, in partnership with business leadership teams, on HR issues such as reward, employee relations, talent, performance, organization development/change, culture, leadership and learning and development
• Challenge, provoke and coach business leaders on how to engage employees and address resulting people issues and build people capabilities effectively.
• Drive the raising of the performance bar and build a strong and rigorous performance development culture (consistency checks, quality of PDs, health checks, PIPs).
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of the business through the design and implementation of HR initiatives that address specific business needs.
• Work with management to ensure high engagement levels.
• Follow through EOS plans for own business after survey
Manpower Planning & Talent Management
• Effective manpower/people plans designed for specific initiatives
• Follow through of resourcing to ensure effective people cover
• In conduction with development partners ensure the implementation of talent review process in business unit: ½ yearly plans.
• Follow through on development plans for teams in business units (training, internal transfers, assignments, job swaps, etc).
• Ensure strong bench strength in the business unit.
• Ensure understanding of group policies and governance processes, driving compliance as appropriate within own business area
• Provide MI reports for own area
• Participate in projects that may come up in the HR function
Technical skills / Competencies
• Strong interpersonal skills: verbal and written communication, natural service ethic.
• Excellent team player.
• Self motivated and results orientated with ability to think independently.
• Good analytical skills.
• High level of adaptability; keen to learn new material.
• Structured, organized and disciplined approach to work with data.
• Strong personal judgment.
• Drive / Tenacity.
• Creativity/solution orientated.
• Client focused with strong relationship management and influencing skills
• High energy
• Transformational change management
• Commercial awareness/Business acumen
• Coaching and facilitation
Knowledge, Expertise & Experience
• 3 years HR generalist experience or HR consultancy experience.
• A Degree in Human Resource Management or a relevant professional Qualification and evidence of continued professional development.
• Full range of distinctive capabilities and at least 70% of technical capabilities.
• Change Management experience
• Experience in recruitment, performance and reward management.
• Functional HR Planning & execution.
• Excellent recruitment skills for BA4/AVP roles
• Knowledge of Employment Law
• Computer Literacy – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Experience in Talent Management
Resourcing experience, & Employee relations experience
Full range of distinctive, technical capabilities and experience in high performance organization or world class HR consultancy
Post graduate qualification
Other Requirements Specific To The Role
• May be required to travel within the Region.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE