Human Resources and Administration Manager
lntraHealth International is a US-based international NGO with offices in over 30 African countries, including Tanzania. IntraHealth is seeking a Human Resources (HR) and Administration Manager for an upcoming five-year USAID contract: Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP HIV/TB). The overall goal of the project is to improve the household nutrition and health outcomes of Tanzanians with the specific objective of increasing use of quality HIV/TB services, particularly by youth and women.
The HR and Administration Manager is responsible for managing all HR functions working closely with Finance and Administration Director and the IntraHealth regional HR team. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, benefits administration, onboarding, policy implementation, performance management, employee relations and employment law compliance. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of office administration (security, office management, computer and telecommunications, reception of visitors, office maintenance, etc.). He/She will supervise HR, IT, security and administrative staff.
The position will report to the Finance and Administration Director and will be based in one of the project offices – Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, or Arusha.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Qualified Tanzanians are encouraged to apply.
- Co-ordinate and support all aspects of the recruitment and selection process of staff, in liaison with hiring managers and other departments, in line with IntraHealth’s recruitment process and good practices;
- Ensure efficient administration of staff welfare programs i.e. medical, pension, group life, etc.;
- Oversee day to day HR administration duties such as leave and timesheet management, updating of staff records, etc.;
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations and summary plan descriptions;
- Proactively propose changes to policy systems and procedures to improve the efficiency of the HR function including taking lead on the updating of HR employee handbook, as needed;
- Maintain and develop good relationships with similar organizations in the sector, with ongoing dialogues concerning policies and trends;
- Maintain awareness of developments in the HR practice and employment law and contribute to information sharing and continuous professional development within the management team, analyzing/advising on implications for IntraHealth;
- Coordinate and organize all HR events in liaison with the program team;
- Attend internal and external meetings as a representative of Intrahealth on Human Resources issues as and when required.
Talent Management and Employee Relations
- Manage the on-boarding of new employees, including collection of all information needed for the employment documentation and entering new hire information into HR system;
- Manage the separation process, including paperwork and follow-up HR actions;
- Schedule exit interviews and gather exit data; analyze exit data and track trends. Highlight red flag issues and make recommendations for corrective actions;
- Work with HR partner to report and arbitrate employee relation issues;
- Effectively coordinate the performance management system to enhance and promote performance-oriented culture;
- Manage staff development needs identified during appraisals by developing and implementing an annual training plan in line with IntraHealth’s learning and development objectives;
- Play an advisory role on HR matters and serve as a link between staff and managers in resolving work related issues.
HRIS (UltiPro) and Payroll
- Effectively review and process HR service requests and transactions, such as: personal data, pay data, and position data changes, employment verification’s, and performing mass data changes as the situations arise;
- Work with payroll team to track, document, and process employee allowances, contract changes, and payroll changes
- Work closely with the regional/global HR team to ensure accurate and timely data entry into UltiPro;
- Provide support to field offices regarding data integrity, audit/track employee data entered by field offices;
- Conduct quarterly audits and update accordingly.
- Negotiate the terms of reference of the service contracts (guards, IT-related contracts, maintenance of the premises) and ensure compliance with contractual clauses;
- Ensure that all administrative arrangements for field activities, meetings, workshops and seminars are taken in a timely manner (application for approval, residence visa, booking of hotels, rental of equipment, rooms, transportation of participants, travel authorizations, purchase of airline ticket, entry and residence visa, etc.);
- Support office safety and security and periodically update the security plan and prepare staff and visitors’ security briefs;
Oversee IT and reception area functions;
- Perform other administrative management functions as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years (or Bachelor’s degree and 10 years) of relevant experience in a role managing an HR unit, including benefits administration.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff benefits, staff onboarding, performance management, and payroll.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PPT, experience with HRIS (Ultipro) and benefits databases.
- Project and team management skills and experience; proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Capability of effective planning and priority setting and ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal writing and communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; SharePoint and other database management experience.
Previous experience with US based company and nongovernmental organization.
Why Join IntraHealth?
- IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
- IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
- IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
- IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.