CBM is an international Christian development organization committed to improving people’s quality of life with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. For more information, visit our website at www.cbm.org
CBM seeks to recruit a Human Resources and Administration Officer who will establish procedures and mechanisms for simple and streamlined human resources and administrative operations in Tanzania. S/he will ensure efficient office management, procurement, transportation, and safety and security services to facilitate all departments’ work. S/he will also be the focal HR Administration under the guidance of the Country Director. S/he will line manage any administration staff to ensure they function efficiently and effectively.
1. Main Activities
· Manage professional office administration and efficient operations of the CBM Tanzania in line with relevant CBM standards;
· Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness, and efficiency;
· Ensure that CBM is complying with in-country regulatory requirements such as registration and related annual reporting to relevant authorities;
· Effectively line-manage the administrative staff based on performance;
· Handle visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers;
· Coordinate office meetings, workshops, training, etc. as scheduled;
· Provide secretarial duties, including handling of official correspondence with authorities, business registrations, etc.;
· Provide support to the Country Director specific to the operational requirements of his/her position, such as schedule management, minute taking, report writing;
· Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organizing and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits;
· Ensure professional receptionist services for the office;
· Organize security of the premises, keep up-to-date contact with Security Company and oversee the security guards work;
· Take responsibility for record-keeping and filing of important administrative office documentation; manage the office archives;
· Ensure a proper filing system for Personnel, and Administrative files is in place for both electronic and hard copy documents;
· Prepare and submit timely and informative quarterly reports to the Country Director
· Proactively develop a procurement master plan to guide all procurement activities and deadlines for the year;
· Receive procurement requests, commence the procurement process and oversee the integrity of the process before payment is made;
· Ensuring that all procurement approvals, processes, decisions, and challenges are adequately documented in the agreed format and filed on time;
· Maintain a robust supplier database of CBM approved suppliers of goods and services across the Country. As a committee member, guide in the selection/use of pre-qualified suppliers; vendor rating to ensures fair vendor selection for all procurement processes per the set thresholds;
· Manage communication and relationships with all suppliers and contractors to facilitate smooth implementation of procurement procedures, identifying any issues that would impede timelines and delivery for resolutions;
· Act as a member of a vendor/supplier selection committee in procurement processes;
· Prepare and maintain the contract register and ensure all contracts are up to date as per the CBM’s policy. Conduct supplier assessment before contract renewal as per the procurement policies.
Inventory and Asset Management
· Ensure all CBM assets, equipment and vehicles are timely and adequately covered for risks through various applicable insurance products;
· Control and maintain a CBM Regional asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable. Plan and execute the asset verification quarterly and update the register. Report on any variances;
· Maintain an up to date and accurate asset register by tracking, tagging, and archiving of asset lists/registers, with close collaboration with the Finance Manager;
· Coordinate timely disposal of old and obsolete office equipment and assets, as guided by CBM guidelines on disposal;
· Verify physical inventory and stock by conducting spot checks periodically and investigating discrepancies to ensure accurate records, with close collaboration with the Finance Manager;
· Plan and execute the asset verification every quarter and update the register. Report on any variances;
Human Resources Administration
· Enforce HR policies and procedures are compliant with local regulations and CBM standards;
· Ensure on-time delivery of HR services and accuracy of the information, in close collaboration with the Country Director and Regional Hub HR Manager;
· Provide timely and consistent HR data for the Country office to facilitate the preparation and dissemination of HR reports;
· Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes promptly and maintains personnel files and leave information;
· Maintains a database of employee contact information;
· Facilitate the in-country recruitment and candidate selection process in line with CBM standards;
· Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Country Director promptly of contract end-dates;
· Support the Regional HR Manager with administrative and logistical aspects of expatriate co-worker assignments, such as arranging house leases, security, vehicle, etc.;
· Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers in line with agreed timelines;
· Ensure compliance on Safeguarding, inclusive employment, compensation, and other issues in line with local regulations and CBM standards;
- Academic degree in General Management, Business Administration, or any other relevant field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar position within a reputable organization, preferably a development organization.
- Procurement qualification will be an added advantage
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quality results-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities.
- Highly organized and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work outside office regular hours.
- Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s code of conduct, CBM values and Child Safeguarding Policy
- Willing to work long hours when necessary
- An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Advantage of lived experience with disability.
- Reflect CBM values in daily work.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 March 2021