Job Title : Human Resources and Administration Officer (HRAO)
Reports to : Head of Operations (HoO)
Human Resources and Administration Officer (HRAO) plays a critical function within the day to day operations of the Trust. The position holder is responsible for the overall coordination of human resources and administration matters pertaining to the Trust and is the link between Senior Management and the entire staff.S/he ensures staff are highly motivated and equipped with adequate tools and skills to achieve the program goals. HRAO is responsible in ensuring the Trust is administratively compliant and functional at all times by adhering to all statutory requirements.
Specifically, the HRAO will have the following key responsibilities:
- With support from Subject Matter expert and Senior Management Team, Update, Implement and Oversee Human Resources Strategic Plan by ensuring it is aligned with the Overall Trust’s Business Plan;
- With support from Subject Matter Experts, design and implement staff training needs assessment; on job mentoring, coaching and training and planning for external capacity building. This is aimed at ensuring that at all times all the staff have adequate skills and are competent for the jobs assigned to them; Continuously undertake job and positions analysis and recommend to the Senior Management Team for adoption;
- Being custodian of the staff personal files; This entails updating files with all relevant documentations and information;
- Be custodianand oversee staff complianceto the AMDT human resources manual and other guidelines; This entails total compliance and adherence to the implementation of the disciplinary measures and enforcement of other policies;
- Coordinate, schedule and manage staff annual and compassionate leave including other staff benefits;
- With highest level of confidentiality, provide an ear to all staff concerns, address or escalate to the HoO or TD as the case may be on a timely basis;
- Supervise, coach and mentor Admin and Human Resources staff;
- Design and implement activities that focuses on staff annual retreat / team building;
- Work with staff and senior Management in the implementation of the Whistle Blower Policy; and other policies as provided in the Human Resources manual;
- Develop Human Resources Unit annual business plan;
- Draft quarterly, semi annually, and annual reports of the Human resources unit and submit the same to the Head of Operations;
- Orient and coordinate (schedule) staff on the mid term and annual evaluation plans using Balanced Score Card Performance Management systems;
- Attend management meetings and present Human Resource’s unit updates, plans for the week, month etc;
- On consultation with the Technical Director, organize andcoordinate monthly management meetings by ensuring meeting agenda, minutes and matter arising are circulated on a timely basis;
- Coordinate the identification andmanagement of good relations with service providers who offer admin and logistics services to AMDT;
- Develop and learning culture within AMDT;
- Any other duty assigned by the Head of Operations..
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Ability to interact with staff of all levels and qualifications;
- Must be of highest level of confidentiality and possess great organizational skills;
- Must possess listening and interpretation skills;
- Ability to provide guidance and support to component heads in setting priorities, organizing themselves and achieving tasks;
- S/he possesses the ability to think strategically;
- Ability to set priorities, organise tasks, and achieve them;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Is disciplined, proactive, self-driven and committed;
- S/he has integrity and flexible approaches of work;
- S/he has effective time management skills
Education, Training and Experience
- At least a Degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administrations, Sociology, social welfare and any related field; An Advanced degree is an advantage but not a Must.
- At least five years of work experience in similar position with a reputable organization preferably involved in professional development;
- Proven experience with MS Office& Human Resources Management systems /applications;
- Experience in conducting performance appraisals
To be considered for any position, an applicant must submit her/his CV (5 Pages Maximum), a capability statement letter that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualifications for the position (2 pages Maximum), and a copy of degree certificates only. All applications to be send to: [email protected] and must be received on 18th August 2020 not later than 16.00 hrs EA time.
In the subject line of the email, write the title of the position for which you are applying. Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements will not be considered. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interview. AMDT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply.