Human Resources Associate
As one of the original eight pilot countries for the UN Reform initiative Delivering as One, Tanzania is a global leader in advancing reforms of the UN system, with a view to support accelerated harmonization in implementation practices, coherence in programming, and alignment with national systems, intended to produce a reduction in transaction costs and enhanced development impact.
Deepening reform will require new and even more innovative ways for the UN agencies to work together. Programme planning, resource mobilization, evaluation, and review activities will be done collaboratively. There will be increased harmonization of UN policies, procedures and tools, possibly leading towards the establishment of a One UN Operations Team.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Human Resources Analyst, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in CO. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
Microfinance Operations Manager (MOM) at ASA Microfinance February, 2020
The Human Resources Associate can supervise clerical and support staff of the HR Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations
- Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (fixed-term, ALD, SSAs, SCs) and recurring Pos in Atlas. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Preparation of submissions to the Local Compliance Review Panel.
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the International Staff and Experts.
- Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of CRG.
- Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management and Learning Manager.
- Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues.
Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Building Strategic Partnerships
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration would be desirable but is not required
6 years of progressively responsible HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
HR Certification programme required
Proficiency in English.
Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Vacancy End Date 21/02/2020 (Midnight New York, USA)