Location: Kinondoni, Kijitonyama Dar Es Salaam
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deal and respond to verbal (i.e. telephone or face to face) and written queries from branches and other regional staff on all HR issues.
- Interpreting and advising on local HR policies on staff related matters, referring complex issues to H/O and Regions.
- Principal contact point for the region business areas for all HR advisory issues.
- Communicate HR policy changes and updates to all Regional functions.
- Liaise with the Line Managers in the collation of monthly, half yearly, end of year assessments for all staff as applicable.
- Liaise with TSDM to make sure best talents are identified and kept within the bank and the internal know how is not lost.
- Liaise with Training Manager to ensure new employee orientation is conducted to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Assist Training Section in analyzing training needs for staff in the zone.
- Identify vacancies and conduct proper interviews at regional level.
- Represent FINCA Microfinance Bank to CMA, including managing disputes to create industrial harmony as well as administering disciplinary procedures.
- Through Regional and branch management, ensure FINCA brand values are well embedded and all staff across the bank live in the values at all times.
- Assist in developing HR policies, systems, and procedures, including regular reviews and updates of the Personnel Manual.
- On ongoing basis, oversee all HR processes, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with organizational objectives, and with other systems, policies, and procedures, as well as to ensure compliance by all staff members.
- Communicate human resource policies and procedures to all staff, and guide/facilitate the implementation of new/revised systems through continuous interaction with line managers and other staff members.
- In collaboration with line managers, develop and update annual staffing/recruitment plans
- Participate on FINCA’s behalf at career fairs and other events, as applicable.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the FINCA internship program to develop new talents
- Advise line managers on best practices in application of the Performance Management System, particularly the aspect of goal setting, performance feedback employee appraisal.
- Ensuring appropriate use of tools to improve performance feedback for employees and managers.
- Review the outputs of the employee appraisal process, identifying key issues and trends, and prepare consolidated reports for Head of HR department.
- Using the performance appraisal outcomes, collaborate with Managers to identify employee training and career development opportunities and coaching / mentoring needs.
- Ensure proper maintenance and updating of all company personnel files at all offices.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of employee files.
- Provide accurate Reports to Head of Human Resources as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to all employment related enquiries, including employment applications, reference checks, and confirmations of employment, or others, in accordance with local legislation and established policies and procedures.
- Assist staff with personnel issues or problems as required.
- Provide support as needed to resolve issues related with employee disciplinary issues, employee termination, or other HR-related issues.
- Support in designing and Implementation of appropriate employee recognition (E.g. tenure related) programs.
- Support to develop and communicate employee safety and security procedures
- Liaise with branch managers to ensure exit interviews are conducted to identify reasons for employee termination and where they go thereafter send report to the Compensation and Benefit Officer
- Act as HR quality controller and maintain HR standards and best practice within regional business units and liaise with other HRBP to ensure uniformity and consistency.
- Be the first point of contact for line managers in relation to HR support needed to meet business objectives.
- Ensure branch visits are done and reports for the same are sent on time.
- University degree in Human Resources Management or any related field.
- At least 5 years of progressive employment experience in the banking sector or financial institutions
- Experience in developing and implementing successful recruiting strategies in a competitive labor market
- Experience in coordinating training, delivery of training a plus.
- Proper knowledge of local labor law and employment practices.
- Ability to develop policies and procedures.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills
Join now click here