Human Resources Manager
On behalf of our client, a leading, highly innovative company, providing professional events and entertainment services with presence in numerous parts of the world. We are seeking to recruit two high caliber candidates for the position of Finance Manager and Human Resources Manager,
Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Overall Job Function:
To manage the human resources department to provide a comprehensive and professional human resources management service to the company.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the staff of the department to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
- Develop and implement human resources policies to support business goals and to ensure that the company complies with legal requirements and best practice.
- Define the quality standards to be applied in the management of the company’s staff and monitor these to ensure that a high quality human resources service continues to be provided to the company.
- Provide comprehensive human resources advisory service to all managers and staff to ensure that the company follows best practice in the management of its staff and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Research and develop human resources policies, which will ensure that the company recruits and retains a pool of well-trained and highly motivated staff.
- Provide an employee relations service to the company, including negotiating with employee representatives on human resources issues, to ensure that harmonious relationships and effective communications are maintained between management and staff.
- Identify staffing needs and develop policies and procedures to ensure that the required numbers and types of staff are recruited within agreed budgets to meet operational requirements.
- Recommend and implement reward policies and structures, which ensure the effective recruitment and retention of high quality employees.
- Maintain comprehensive personnel records to ensure compliance with legal requirements and to provide information on staffing issues to the company and other relevant bodies.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Required Education: Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management
- Required Experience: At least 5 years’ recent relevant generalist and advisory HR experience gained within a fast paced environment
- Required: Excellent knowledge of current Tanzania employment legislation
- Required: Experience handling disciplinary investigations, hearings, appeals and grievances
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising human resources policies & procedures
- Confidential in all matters
- Excellent verba I, written communication and presentation skills
Qualified applicants should send their cover letter and CV by 6th March 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentioning in the subject line the Position Title.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online. Our client is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply.
We also encourage Tanzanians living and working abroad in the diaspora to apply.