Human Resources Manager
Job Title: Human Resource Officer (1 Post)
Department: HR and Outreach
Reporting to: Deputy CEO
Working Location: Dar es salaam
The human resource officer will serve as an active member of the human resource team and will be responsible for providing support for operations and outreach team (as up to 40% of fieldwork is required to be spent) through all covered TAYOA Timiza Malengo project regions. He/she will coordinate and deliver all human resource services like training, orientations, recruitment, staff performance supervision, staff development, and staff relations in ajira line with set organization human resource policy, proceedings, and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the management of existing staff, human resource operations, processes, and systems to help ensure effective human resource service delivery.
- Maintain TAYOA’s human resource files records as per the required standards and policies.
- Monitor and update staff employment contracts, position changes, resignations, and staff transfers to different areas of operations as per approved guidelines and ensure effective information flow to the field offices.
- Support on staff performance management, staff development, and staff relations as per human resource policies.
- Participate in staff interview sessions when required and provide guidance to the interview reports and interview assessment tools and documents used for the TAYOA recruitment process.
- Administer and monitor the various TAYOA staff benefits such as medical insurance, staff leaves, staff safety etc.
- Administer, monitor, and provide support in the timely administration of the monthly TAYOA payroll for all staff as per the organization standards.
- Ensure follow up on processing and payment of all TAYOA statutory payments as required in compliance with the laws of Tanzania; E.G. PAYE, social security fund, Workers Compensation fund (WCF), Higher education student loan board (HESLB) repayments etc.
- Provide technical guidance to TAYOA staff in line on employee relations issues, grievance, and disciplinary procedures and promote sound employees’ relations for staff.
- Carry out human resource field visits by (40%) as assigned by the Deputy CEO to support in addressing staff concerns that may need attention, help interns, peers, and other support teams in the field.
- Support any other work assigned to him/her.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or related fields of study.
- Working experience of at least 3 years, in an NGO environment, would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding and proficiency in the field of Human Resources management and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Good understanding of the legal requirements of the United Republic of Tanzania, relating to Human resources, Labor laws, and Administrative law.
- Good interview, negotiation, listening, and counseling skills.
- Good understanding of employment-related statutory requirements, organization policies system, and management.
- Excellent planning, coordinating, and reporting skills with the ability to organize complex workloads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with a higher aim of professionalism.
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft office package.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Kiswahili both orally and in writing.
- Good and strong interpersonal skills both soft and hard.
- Good understanding of technology and its uses will be an added advantage
- Ability to perform multi-task and meet demanding deadlines for assigned tasks, sometimes work under pressure and deliver.
- Flexible and adaptable to any environment, especially through communities and local government.
- Able to have Attention to details.
How to apply:
All interested candidates who feel to meet the above qualifications for this post, please send an application letter, explaining how you are able and fit for this post in not more than one page.
Then, send the application with your Curriculum vitae including three referees through email at; [email protected]. Otherwise, you can drop your application at TAYOA HQ offices located at Bahari Beach Corner, Kunduchi.
Application Deadline: 2020-08-15.