Human Resources Officer
Amref Health Africa is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project has been implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October, 2020 the project will extend to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services from October 2020 in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following positions to be filled for the project:
Position: Human Resources Officer (1)
Location: Country Office in Dar es Salaam/Simiyu Reports to: Human Resources Manager
To provide strategic support to the Human Resources functions, Administration and Management and ensuring that operations of the entire Amref Health Africa in Tanzania country program support services run efficiently and effectively in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide ongoing coaching, support and advise to the management and employees on people and HR related issues.
- Being available and proactive in addressing people related issues in the Organization by maintaining close relationship with the employees at all
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems within Amref Health Africa
- Assist in ensuring of the effective communication and implementation of Performance Management system in accordance with Amref Health Africa human resources manual
- Assist the management with identifying of the non/top performers and implement appropriate action plans to further enhance their performance and career in the
- Provide guidance on compliance and counseling on Amref Health Africa policies, procedures and best
- Manage the development and maintenance of human resources systems, policies and
- Ensure employees compliance with Amref Global Code of Conduct, Safeguarding policy, HR audits and donor audits recommendations
- Identify the right candidates for the right job through assessments, interviews and employee profiling processes
- Maintain fair and equitable recruitment approach in line with the specific job requirements
- Ensure that contracts of permanent and temporary staff are prepared in collaboration with other departments.
- Ensure that salary packages of Amref Health Africa staff members are prepared as per Organization Human Resources
- Support the Amref Health Africa HR Unit to conduct staff exit interviews to minimize the staff turnover and retain good performers
- Manage employee mobility through transfers, promotions and terminations
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations and Business Administration.
- Certification and professional qualifications in Human Resources Management, Strategic Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Laws and Business Administration
- Should have strong experience and background in managing compliance issues relating to donors’ regulations, statutory regulations and local/international established professional standards
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar role, and working at least three years in an NGO/international organization or a donor funded project
- Skilled in Administration, organization development, strategic orientation and team orientation
Thorough understanding of the local labor laws; confidentiality, analytical with an eye for detail
Good communication skills; good organization skills; working with people, drive for results, leading and supervising, persuading and influencing, commitment, and
Fluency in English and Kiswahili required (excellent written, spoken and comprehension skills).
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected]
Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non- smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
“Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be