Human Resources Officer–(200001SE)
TITLE: Human Resources Officer
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Human Resources and Administration
LOCATION: Dar es salaam
CONTRACT TYPE: National
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Human Resources Officer will ensure quality, efficient and proactive HR services for Save the Children staff located in Dar es salaam, Rukwa, Iringa and Morogoro. She/he will work with close collaboration and support from the HR and Administration team based in Dar. She/he will be involved in all HR areas such as staff recruitment, training, development, management of employee relation issues and being the main point of contact for employee under Lishe Endelevu program.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior Field Operations Manager
Dimensions: Based in Dar es salaam with 30% travel to the field offices.
Number of direct reports: Nil
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support in advertising open positions and circulating the adverts to all important forums
- Support shortlisting, contacting candidates for interviews, participating in the interview and selection process then conducting reference checks
- Supporting the HR team in updating the Recruitment Tracker
HR Information Management
- In collaboration with the HR team establish and maintain staff databases to capture basic information such as personal details, education background and work experiences and share brief staff profiles.
- Sharing an updated staff list with the HR and Admin Director on a monthly basis
Staff leave management
- Guide staff on the use of online leave system and verify the data in the system
- Follow up with line managers to ensure staff leave plans are made and leave is taken on time
- Keeping an updated leave tracker as per SCI guidance
- Prepare monthly leave reconciliation
- Work with HR and Admin Coordinator to facilitate the administrative requirement on collection and submission of work permit documents.
- Ensure new staff are registered for medical cover, pension scheme, life insurance package
- Administer the Staff Health Insurance scheme in close collaboration with the relevant Brokers and Service Providers.
- Follow appropriate exit procedures for staff leaving Save the Children
- Support the Performance Management process by ensuring that all staff have submitted the Performance Reviews and work objectives on time
- Follow up to ensure Probation Review of new staff has been completed on time
- Compile employee development plans and provide quarterly progress to the HR and Admin Director
- Ensure all staff compliance with relevant Save the Children policies and procedures in respect to child safeguarding, health and safety, security, fraud & dishonest and other relevant policies during emergencies
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Relevant Degree in HR Management
- At least four year’s relevant experience in HR management within a busy organisation
- Experience in recruitments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spreadsheets and word processing
- Proven records management experience i.e. for both paper and electronic filing systems
- Experience of working within a team and actively involved in team building
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to multitask and prioritise well
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
:Mar 27, 2020