Human Resources Officer at Unicef Tanzania, March 2019
Human Resources Officer, P2, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, (Temporary Appointment – 4 months) #00109631
Job Number: 520221 |
Locations: Africa: Tanzania,Uni.Re
Work Type : Fixed Term Appointment
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Background and Justification
The office has recently gone through a 2016-2021 Mid-Term Review (MTR) process and submitted the outcome to the Regional and Budget Review (PBR) Committee. The PBR Committee approved the outcome of the MTR process and as a result, 12 new positions were established. In addition, 10 other cases were carried forward or fallen vacant resulting in a total of 22 (8 IP 10 NO and 4 GS) positions to be recruited against within the next 4 months.
UNICEF Tanzania has developed a tight recruitment plan to expedite the recruitment process for the new posts so that implementation of the Country Programme was not delayed. 8 recruitment cases are at various stages of recruitment. In addition, other posts are also becoming vacant due to staff movements and changes. This means there are still over 14 posts that need to be filled in addition to the 8 that are ongoing.
With all these recruitments, the country office will be onboarding over 10 new staff during the first quarter of 2019. In addition to performing other HR functions, the section is overstretched and requires additional support.
As this is the 1st Quarter of 2019, the Human Resources Section will be expected to support the recruitment of about 21 individual Consultant s worth US $ 317,000. The office accordingly has a need for support from a professional Human Resources Practitioner to provide additional capacity and support to the Human Resources function in the office, with a strong focus on recruitment and on-boarding
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the HR Specialist, the incumbent will provide support to HR activities in all areas of recruitment, HR management, and learning and development.
- Support the office in expediting fixed term and temporary recruitments in accordance with UNICEF rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Provide administrative support with screening, testing and interviewing, representing HR in the Selection Panel and CRB committees, and drafting recruitment reports
- Provide guidance to Hiring Managers on systems and procedures for using the Talent Management for upcoming recruitment.
- Support the on-boarding process of newly recruited staff by providing orientation on applicable entitlements, rules, regulations, and procedures, and by organizing their respective briefing agendas.
- Any other HR-related activities and tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- University or Advanced University degree or equivalent backgrounds in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field
- Five years of work experience in the field of Human Resources management and personnel administration
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of UNICEF HR rules, policy and procedures
- Familiarity with SAP/VISION/TMS/legacy Talent Pools/ MS Office applications and developing country work experience background with emergency issues
- Good judgment, interpersonal skills, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact and discretion, ability to adapt to changes directions/thinking with sensitivity to different cultures
- Good analytical, writing and communication skills. Good working experience in reporting and data management/presentation.
- Skills in interviewing techniques including CBI.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
Competency Profile (For details on competencies please refer to the UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles.
i) Core Values
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies
Working with People [II]
Drive for Result [I]
iii) Functional Competencies
- Following Instruction [II]
- Analyzing [ I]
- Relating and Networking [ I]
“UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.”
Opening Date Thu Mar 07 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time) E. Africa Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Mar 25 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (East Africa Time)