Tanzania Kibondo- Open to Tanzania Nationals Only.
Position: ICT Officer (ICT= Information and communications technology)
Reports to: Area Manager or Logistics Coordinator when in place
Supervision of: None
Duty station: Kibondo
Project number: TZFM2301
Duration and type of contract: 9 months with possibility of extension subject to funding availability
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- The responsibilities depend to some degree on the existing organizational chart of the Country Office and the size and complexity of the operations.
- If these responsibilities are not reflecting the reality of the field operations, the COs can adapt the content as long as the structure and style are the same.
- Details shall be incorporated in the Work- and Professional Development Plan and not be included in the JD.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at office level
- Ensure system security
- Ensure that network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained
- Implement and update a data disaster recovery plan (back up)
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention.
- This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- The line manager drafts the specific responsibilities and sends them to his/her line manager for approval.
- Providing First level support for all ICT issues to the Tanzania Country Office and Field Offices
- Ensure network uptime for all NRC offices in Tanzania
- Facilitating of the monthly ICT Payments to suppliers
- Monitoring of the Network Devices in Meraki
- Understand the current manual tasks happening in Tanzania and come up with plans to automate them in conjunction with the Regional Office.
- Carry out any other tasks as shall be assigned by the supervisor
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
- Details about NRC’s competencies are to be found in the Competency Framework.
- Competencies are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following three categories:
1. Value driven competencies
- Values are aspirational attitudes and beliefs that influence the way people conduct themselves.
- NRC’s values are: Dedicated, Innovated, Inclusive and Accountable.
2. Behavioral competencies
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job.
- Of the 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Handling insecure environments
3. Professional competencies
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- A holder of bachelor degree in computer science, Information Technology or any other related field.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Fluency in English
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Knowledge of the context in the East Africa & Yemen Region Performance Management
- The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NRC’s
- Performance Management System.
The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- Performance Management system
- The Competency Framework
This position is open to Tanzania Nationals Only . ” Female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Trending Job Identification 10003
Job Category Information Technology and Systems
Posting Date 03/06/2023, 11:17 AM
Apply Before 03/17/2023, 11:17 AM
Degree Level Bachelor’s Degree
Job Schedule Full time
Leave a Reply