Immunization Specialist,(NOC),Temporary Appointment (9 Months),Zanzibar,Tanzania #00113571
Job no: 531809
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
School/Unit: United Republic of Tanzania
Department/Office: Zanzibar, United Rep. of Tanzania
Categories: Child Protection, NO-3, Early Childhood Development, Expanded Programme Immunization, Programme Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged in order children to save their lives, to defend their right and to help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone and we never give up.
UNICEF Tanzania would like to invite applicants to apply for this exciting opportunity of Immunization Specialist in Zanzibar. The successfully candidate will be required to provide technical expertise to the immunization program and ensuring effective and efficient implementation of all the activities.
For every child, [Health]
How can you make a difference?
- Revitalize and participate in all immunization technical working group meetings and provide feedback to the team
- Participate and provide technical support in the development of Strategic and Annual work plans.
- Ensure accurate, complete and up to date programme management information is available for effective programme design, implementation, budget preparation, management, and monitoring and reporting.
- Provide technical support to enable programme efficiency, effectiveness, and vaccination coverage are enhanced through effective implementation and monitoring.
- Provide progress reports and work plans timely and ensure effective technical assistance is provided in introducing new vaccines, routine immunization, periodic campaigns and cold chain development and maintenance
- Support IVD program to ensure timely and accurate supply order of vaccines is placed, distribution and documentation as well as adherence to established allotments are ensured.
- Provide technical support through team work to strengthen effective capacity building activities in the development, implementation, and management of the Immunization Programme.
- Ensure effective innovations, communication, networking, and collaboration are achieved with internal and external partners 9. Regularly participate in workshops and meeting of the Immunization program and provide feedback
To qualify as an advocate for every child you are required to have;
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health or related field.
- A minimum of [Five years] of relevant professional experience in managing Immunization or other MNCH programs.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a local language is an asset.
- Proven working relation with national,regional ,district and sub district structures.
- Strong analytical skills – Knowledge of the Tanzanian mainland and Zanzibar context and EPI program is an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.