Smollan Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
At Smollan, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re shifting our story. We’re looking for truly unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
We’re on the lookout for Merchandisers who will be responsible for ensuring effective management of products .
As a Merchandiser, you will be responsible for:
- Observe call cycle by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
- Document data or Input data on Hand Held Terminals (HHT) with integrity and observing data hygiene.
- Maintains customer relationships by visiting store, (modern trade outlets) & General Trade outlets and answering their questions; responding to special requests; describing product features.
- Ensuring that the set sales targets are achieved.
- Daily collection sales orders from the outlets.
- Maintains store shelves by observing displays of company products; removing damaged or outdated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Observe and Maintain perfect store through maintaining inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting supervisors to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return for damaged products.
- Observe layout and themes according to the plan.
- Maintain Minimum number of stores required.
- Customer/Client satisfaction
- Maintaining shelf health and administration
What are we looking for?
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- Grade D+ (D Plus) in Secondary Education, certificate and Diploma in Sales and Marketing or Business
- 3months’ to one year experience in merchandising
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising Skills
What’s in it for you?
A robust work environment
Opportunity to make an impact within a leading brand in the FMCG industry.