Doctors with Africa CUAMM is the first NGO in the healthcare area officially recognized in Italy.
Founded in 1950 with the aim of training doctors to work in developing countries, CUAMM is working in Angola, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda implementing healthcare projects in partnership with local governments and institutions.
Doctors with Africa CUAMM does not tolerate any abuse, exploitation or violence against vulnerable children and adults, nor other behaviour that does not respect human dignity from its own staff, partner staff or other staff associated with the NGO.
JOB TITLE: Infectious Diseases Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Tanzania, Shinyanga
START DATE: December 2020-January 2021DURATION: 6-12 months
- University Degree in Medicine and Surgery with further specialisation or equivalent title in Infectious Disease
- Good knowledge of English and Kiswahili
- Solid experience in the field of HIV
- Previous professional experience in Developing Countries
The infectious disease specialist has to guarantee the improvement of the quality of HIV/AIDS services in the centre (HUB) oh his/her competence. The specific tasks are:
- conduct clinical activities
- monitor the quality of laboratory examinations
- supervising the supply and use of medicines and health materials, for the activities in the HUB and for the Club activities in dispensaries and villages
- collaborate in the formal and on the job training of dedicated staff
- participate – at the request of the PM – in coordination meetings with partners, local authorities and civil society representatives.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 November 2020