The Igunga urban water supply and sanitation authority (IGUWASA) is a legally established entity for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Igunga town. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania. The core function of the Authority is to provide clean, portable and safe water to Igunga District residence.
In order to attain its vision and mission, IGUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following vacant posts within the Authorities establishment.
INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (IT- 1 POST)
Reports to; Technical manager
Direct entry qualifications
Holder of Ordinary diploma in Information Technology or advanced diploma in information technology in respective fields from a recognized university or institution.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Detecting fraud and other miscreant activities with regard to IT resources
- Document all details and regularly updating them
- Allocate responsibilities to staff in order to provide better end user interface, quality of service and efficient customer support.
- Monitoring and auditing the usage pattern or IT system in the institution.
- Planning IT infrastructure requirement based on the existing projects and keeping future requirement in mind.
- Organizing data, storing them securely and creating backups.
- Ensuring security of the physical and virtual components of IT
- Ensuring smooth functioning of al IT infrastructure such as servers, and network connections besides hardware and software.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age
- Applicants must attach an up to date curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates, degree/advanced diploma transcripts, Form IV and form VI national examination certificates, Birth certificates. Form IV and VI result slip are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants who have/were retired from the public service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Applicants with special needs/care (disability) are supposed to indicate
- All application letters must be handwritten.
- A Signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and address to
IGUNGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY (IGUWASA),
Deadline 26 August, 2020, Time 00:00 pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for the interview date.
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.