Information Management Assistant-Inter Agency Job Opportunity at DRC
Information Management Assistant-Inter Agency
Job title: Information Management Assistant- Inter- Agency help desk, GFD
Employment category: Grade E, level 1
Reporting to: GFD Project Manager
Technical line manager: Area manager
Direct reports: – Unit/department: GFD
Location: Kibondo (Nduta/Mtendeli)
Authorization level: –
Overall purpose of the role: The information management assistant- inter-agency is responsible for supporting the inter-agency GFD feedback mechanism, handling complaints/feedback from the community, managing complaints/feedback to go through the feedback cycle, providing general administrative support to the inter-agency Help desk.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
• Receive feedback/complaints/request for information from the refugee community at the inter-agency help desk
• collaborate with other feedback colleagues to ensure timely response is provided to refugees’ complaints, concerns or queries.
• Assist refugees at the inter-agency help desk as appropriate by providing information, signposting to other agencies, writing referrals to other agencies
• Accurately record complaints/feedback/requests in the Feedback Database using computerized systems and procedures
• Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of data and information about complaints and feedback given by refugees and ensure that information is stored safely.
• Participate in routine feedback sessions with community and/or its leadership structures
• Participating in other UNHCR /Inter-agency GFD feedback mechanism activities
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the GFD Project Manager
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
• At least 2-year experience in working in refugee context
• At least 1-year work experience in implementing GFD activities or related sector
• Previous experience in international organizations
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
• Bachelor Degree in social sciences, political science, development, law or other related fields
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
• English (spoken and written – excellent)
• Kiha (spoken – good) – preferable
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
• other DRC departments and managers in particular camp management, GFD, supply chain
• UNHCR, in particular CBP team
• other INGOs
• refugee representatives
Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.