Join us in our efforts to strengthen and institutionalize monitoring and evaluation systems in SHL for efficient and effective HIV and AIDS resource mobilization.
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone regions namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, and Songwe. The program also supports TPDF to implement a comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 Military sites throughout the country.
It is in this regard that WRP-T in collaboration with the Songwe Regional Government seeks to recruit 12 data entry clerks, 3 district data managers, 1 Information Technology Officer, 3 Clinicians and 2 ART nurses to undertake data related tasks and care and treatment activities for the HIV Program for the short term contract of (10) Months from December 2020 to September 2021 with contract renewal possibilities based on performance.
Job Title: Information Technology Officer (1 position)
Report to: RMO and HJF Regional SI Lead
Location: Songwe Region
Terms of Employment: One year contract with option for renewal
- University degree in Information Technology and communication, system management, Computer science and /or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of working experience in providing technical support in any nationally or internationally recognized institution.
- Excellent in training and mentorship. iv. Experience in working with public health and HIV/AIDS data preferred.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including MS-Excel, Word PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks according to agreed deadlines. vii. Fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in data analysis and statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA or Epi-info ix. Good organizational skills and ability to work in a diverse team as well as independently.
- Ability to travel within and outside the region as required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop back-end and front-end connectivity.
- Design, implement and test databases. iii. Implement security and access control into databases.
- Ensure software patches are implemented timely
- Install, configure and update antivirus software.
- Alert users on various security risks, threat and vulnerabilities
- Perform systems audit on a regular basis.
- Implement security mechanisms and controls in computer systems
- Design, install and configure LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Test network equipment and devices
- Implement network security guidelines, perform network troubleshooting and repair.
- Develop and test web pages and multimedia content, update web pages and multimedia and provide quality customer services.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contacts (Postal Address, E-Mail, three passport size photos, and Telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement. iv. Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of Academic and training certificates.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Cover letters, resumes and Education certificates should be sent via email to [email protected]
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB and LOCATION in the SUBJECT LINE. The deadline for submitting the application is 20 November 2020. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.