The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is an international organization working towards the conservation of nature and ecological processes. One of the goals is to set up a modern, appropriate and sustainable IT infrastructure & services, with effective IT processes and procedures in place to support operations of WWF TOO and any WWF TOO hosted programmes. Thus, is seeking for a competent and highly motivated IT Officer, to be based in Dar es salaam.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support and ensure all systems and applications (hardware, software and network) work optimally to support needs of WWF TOO, and any other hosted programmes.
- Setup an enterprise network that will link WWF TOO head office to all TOO regional offices for data and voice and Internet connectivity. Coordinate and communicate on setup of network infrastructure, internet performance, communications facilities (, Skype, Zoom, etc.), web services, security, trainings to teams and/or projects.
- Implement IT Security policy and manage controls set in the policy document as approved by WWF International and Africa Regional Office
- Install and configure TCO servers, switches, routers, firewalls to meet corporate needs for better performance.
- Advice on guiding specifications of IT equipment/facilities and setup of computer hardware and software including network, security systems, etc.
- Assist the Operations Manager in developing the IT work plan and budgets.
- Perform daily and monthly backup of corporate data and ensure they are securely stored at offsite storage.
- Ensure the Oracle application and other Finance resources and systems are always available for better performance of Finance department.
Required Qualifications and skills:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Informational Technology or related fields. Certification in CCNE (Cisco Certified Network Engineer) and MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) is desirable but not a requirement. Four years of relevant experience including implementation of IT Strategies, management of IT services, hardware and software platforms, telecommunication facilities and knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
Detailed Terms of Reference can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs/. Applications must include a complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: email@example.com by Friday, 28th August 2020 at 4:30 pm.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam.
WWF is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.