WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Tanzania is implementing its new Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2017-2021, which focuses on supporting the Government of Tanzania in its effort to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and in particular the Zero Hunger 2030 agenda.
The Tanzania CSP aims to progressively shift the focus of its work from direct implementation of food assistance programmes towards capacity strengthening and technical assistance to national partners.
As part of Strategic Outcome 5 of the CSP (WFP and its partners in Tanzania and beyond are facilitated to foster, test, refine and scale up innovation that contributes to the achievement of the SDGs by 2030), Tanzania works in close collaboration with the WFP Innovation Accelerator in Munich (INCA) to test, refine and scale up innovations.
The Tanzania field innovation hub has been in place since May 2017 with promising results. During this time, the field hub has helped source, test, refine and look to scale relevant global innovations that can further Tanzania’s strategic objectives.visit: https://innovation.wfp.org/tanzania
Tanzania Country Office is therefore seeking an Innovation Project Associate to support the growth of the Innovation Hub and help prepare and conduct innovation events, such as our flagship one week intensive bootcamps.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND CONTRACT TYPE:
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer Innovation, the candidate will support the CO in growing and managing the innovation services offered by the Innovation Hub, such as innovation bootcamps, among others. Service Contract at G 6 Equivalent.
Innovation Services / Bootcamps
- Ensure quality and client satisfaction with bootcamps and workshops: develop and deliver high-quality events that have high satisfaction among clients and users.
- Developing our portfolio of innovation services: designing custom solutions for clients in the humanitarian and private sector, including Bootcamps, events and workshops;
- Building strong relationships: attract the right partners to achieve impact at scale, gain a deep understanding of clients’ needs, and develop strong, long-lasting relationships;
- Hire the right facilitators and other service providers to assure successful innovation events
- Manage the engagement with Tanzanian innovators and innovation players in the Tanzanian innovation ecosystem
- Establish pipeline sharing of high potential startups with other key innovation hubs in Tanzania
- Identify with the Tanzania innovation players if there is need for small ad-hoc innovation events where WFP can support.
- Design and execute communication campaigns to mobilize the Tanzania innovation ecosystem for your events
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor
Innovation project management support
Provide support to project managers on selection of high potential innovation projects and design and execution of pilot projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language: Kiswahili.
- At least two years of relevant, progressively responsible, professional experience in startup advisory or innovation services
- You have a high affinity with the Tanzanian innovation space; and you ideally have some startup-related experience
- A self-starter. You are full of initiative and great ideas. You need little guidance, are comfortable working independently but are also a great team player;
- A multi tasker. You like variety in your work, and are willing to tackle different challenges when the opportunity arises;
- An organiser with great attention to detail. Nothing slips past you, you are a meticulous planner but are flexible enough to change course when the situation requires you to do so;
- Driven by impact. Achieving impact through your job is important to you, and you are passionate about working towards achieving zero hunger.
- Required Experience; Familiar with human centered design methodologies. Strong business writing and professional verbal communication skills. Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize. Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
The application deadline: 22 May 2020
WFP agency standards and guidance.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.