Title: Institutional Development Director
Company Name: Chemonics International, Inc.
Chemonics seeks an Institutional Development Director for the anticipated USAID water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The institutional development director will be responsible for technical leadership, oversight, and coordination of activities building financial and organizational capacities of government and private partners in WASH services and water resource management. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Under the chief of party, provides leadership, oversight, and coordination of technical activities to build planning, financial, monitoring, and management capacity of the government of Tanzania’s Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA)
· Supports the chief of party, in collaboration with key stakeholders, in the operationalization and dissemination of the National Water Policy
· Partners with RUWASA to pilot new models in target regions to professionalize rural water service delivery
· Liaises with private sector partners, including women and youth-owned businesses, and Community Based Water and Sanitation Organizations (CBWSOs) to diversify the stakeholders engaged in rural water operations management and professionalize the management of community schemes
· Identifies and, under the chief of party, executes opportunities for targeted investment in water infrastructure to further socio-economic development
· Supports select urban water utilities to improve financial management capacity and operational service delivery
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH programs, infrastructure and financing, or utility reform programs, or in other related fields in an international context;
- Strong working relationship with the relevant governments and ministries in the region; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Proven record of fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and answer all questions at: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/africawash_institutionaldevel_director. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/ .
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.