Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA)
Title of Position: Institutional and Partnership Development Manager
Deadline for submission of application: 28th February 2018
Job Grade: F
Reports to: Executive Director
ABOUT US: The Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) is a Pan African organisation and member of the Global Alliance for Tax Justice. TJNA aims to promote socially just, accountable and progressive taxation systems in Africa.
We advocates for pro-poor taxation systems and the strengthening of tax regimes to promote domestic resource mobilisation.
TJNA aims to challenge harmful tax policies and practices that favour the wealthy and those that aggravate and perpetuate inequality.
ABOUT THE ROLE: The purpose of the position is to ensure overall sustainability of the organisation through clear strategies for resource mobilisation and clear plans to operationalise the strategy.
The position fosters accountability, effectiveness and efficiency at all levels through technical support and monitoring of achieved results and milestones.
Finally, the position leads on partnership development and coordination of large projects jointly implemented by members and partners across the continent.
- Develop and monitor the implementation an organisational development plan aligned to the overall strategic plan for the organisation including assessment, impact, sustainability and growth
- Liaise and network as appropriate to keep abreast of trends within the CSO/NGO environment
- Ensure proper transition between strategic periods.
- Develop and lead in implementation of Organisation fund resource mobilisation strategy
- Act as lead liaison between TJNA and its funding Partners including coordinating donor reporting
- Support the development and implementation on an effective organisational monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy
- Lead and development and supervision of organisation’s strategic partnership including, joint programing and coordination.
- Manage the enhancement and growth of TJNA membership
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
- Resource Mobilisation
- Partnership Development and Coordination
- Organisational development
- Knowledge management and learning
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Masters’ Degree in Political Science, Public Administration or other relevant field.
- At least seven years of professional experience with three at management level
- Proven skills in Programme and project Management methods and strategies
- Knowledge of the development context in Africa and globally including good understanding Civil Society funding environment in Africa and globally.
- Good knowledge in Organisational planning, budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Organisational development (OD) (Theory & practice)
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and French.
- Familiarity with various funding protocols and processes
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities, manage many activities simultaneously and meet deadlines, with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are requested to submit their detailed CVs alongside a letter of motivation and Salary expectation to the following email address by Wednesday 28th February, 2018 [email protected]