Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Instrumentation Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering First Line Leader
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure Following Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily – Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting and rigging etc.
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- Complete required testing and safety checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault finding.
- Maintaining of control systems, PLC and SCADA with <5% Downtime.
- Use, Interpret OEM Manuals for maintaining & repairing of required equipment, <5% accuracy discrepancy to OEM Specifications
- Compliance to scheduled equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift
- Carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment on surface and underground.
- Responsible for Maintenance of Underground seismic system
- Carry out other task assigned by Shaft Maintenance First Line Leader
- Instrumentation Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Electrical FTC or Trade Equivalent
- Valid driving license for light Vehicle, UTV machine
- Electrical FTC or Trade Equivalent
- 2 – 5 Years Post qualified experience in Instruments installation, calibration, instrumentation, repairs and test instruments
- 1 Year Experience in Heavily Instrumented Plant in an Industrial Environment, Field Instrumentation and control networks, underground environment will be added advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th October 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com