Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We work together, with partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children works in thirty districts in Rwanda with a current staff complement of approximately 180 staff.
SC Rwanda Country Office seeks for an IT Internee
Position: IT Internee
|Place of Work:||Kigali office|
Staff directly reporting to thispost:
Tentative start date: March 1st 2018
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The IT Intern will learn how to manage and maintain all kind of IT equipment, software and the IT infrastructure in general. He / She will learn technical support tips for efficient and effective IT operations/solutions. You will also learn and perform various trouble-shooting and resolve computer and internet related issues with users.
- Learn/provide basic end user Help Desk support
- Observe/assist IT Coordinator with application installation, Server management, Data backup and archive, Network Administration and other Systems management and maintenance.
- Join client’s computers to AD Azure.
- Assist IT Coordinator in troubleshooting advanced technical issues.
- Assist IT Coordinator in designing solutions using SharePoint.
- Research, evaluate and test hardware, software.
- Write System/Process/Configuration documentation
Other duties as may be assigned.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results is not achieved.Ambition:
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.Creativity:
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.Integrity:
Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
Academic Background and Person Specifications:
- A minimum of Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field. Demonstrated understanding of networking, IP telephony, internet technologies and ability to maintain awareness of current technologies and trends within these areas.
- Strong knowledge in the following products, platforms and areas of expertise: Microsoft Windows 32/64 bit; Office 365, Azure AD, TCP/IP Networking, DNS, DHCP, WAN; Remote Access
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- The ability to work closely in a team, patience, adaptable, flexible, ability to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Good documentation skills are desired.
- Good time management and task prioritization ability
- Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
- High levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
Any employee, consultant, Internee, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of SCI must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form] and comply with the SCIs Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of SCI’s commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
- This extends not only to children with whom SCI and its partners work directly, but also includes children whom Internee is responsible for. SCI believes that the situation of children must be improved through the promotion of their rights supported and demonstrated by all members of staff/Internee. Save the Children International’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.Interested candidates should send an application letter plus updated Curriculum Vitae in English, including 3 names of professional referees to [email protected] The deadline for receiving applications is February 1st 2018.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.