INTERNAL AUDIT CONSULTANT (6 weeks)
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es Salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 02/17/2021
Our client is looking for a consultant to complete a short term (6 weeks) assignment to provide independent verification of our cash management process. It’s a limited scope internal audit, and the incumbent is to substantiate that the petty cash and cash payments from each office are real, receipts are genuine and also to recommend any improvements on internal control systems.
HE/SHE will ensure their operations are conducted in a manner that complies with all internal control requirements. As an Internal Controls Consultant, you will partner with the businesses and functional teams to study, evaluate, and recommend control improvements in their processes. As an advisory member of project teams your role is to guide the teams on control matters as new processes are developed,
Your key stakeholders and customers:
Key customers for this position are process owners in Finance, external and internal auditors, business unit and financial management.
Your key responsibilities:
- Review plans for embedding strong process-level internal control in key projects, and/or Global Business Services migrations, to ensure such plans are sufficient to protect the company and in compliance with the company’s corporate financial instructions.
- Work with process owners on corporate initiatives and new or changed processes to ensure controls are addressed adequately and efficiently.
- Work with process owners/testers to ensure that management testing is executed as expected, including updating of master data, evaluation of test results, and development of remediation plans.
- Work with process owners to ensure their remediation plans for issues identified appropriately address the relevant risks, and follow-up to ensure remediation is completed timely.
- Engage in and lead activities and initiatives to raise the awareness and knowledge level of internal controls and provide targeted and/or general training to employees related to their internal control responsibilities.
- Serve as the face of the Controller’s Office to the business for all internal control questions, interpretations or issues.
- Perform analyses and special studies as needed.
We are looking for someone with:
- A strong and consistent understanding of controls, typically obtained through relevant business, accounting and internal controls experience.
- Working knowledge of the company’s corporate financial instructions, internal controls and common practices, requirements, external audit and internal control principles.
- Expert knowledge of internal controls theory, practices and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, and competing time demands, with an enthusiasm for projects and process development/improvement. As well as strong oral, written, and presentation skills to deliver effective communications and presentations.
- Educational requirements include undergraduate degree or better with a background in accounting, or finance
Must have experience in Internal Audit , Internal Control Systems.