Internal Audit & Tax Manager
Our client is a locally registered company dealing with the exploration and production of oil and gas, with operations in Tanzania. In line with its strategy to expand its operations in Tanzania. Key job responsibilities will include to:
- Manage all contracts pertaining to Natural Gas Sales Agreements (GSA), Product Sharing Agreements (PSA), Joint Operating Agreements (JOA);
- Ascertain that the company’s operations and or activities are carried out in accordance with laid down procedures, rules, regulations, standards and applicable laws of the country;
- Accountable for internal and external audit process management;
- Advise and provide guidance on all matters relating to the country’s financial and tax regulations as mandated within the oil and gas industry;
- Ensure effective and appropriate recording of the company’s tax liabilities within the GL;
- Prepare and review computations for relevant tax liabilities including: income, deferred and transfer pricing, and ensure prompt tax remittances;
- Prepare financial information and periodic financial reports as per business requirements and management’s request; and
- Train, coach and manage performance of the finance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Certified CIMA or member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Public Accountant or equivalent;
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics and or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized university is an added advantage;
- 5 years relevant working experience at a managerial level;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with multiple stakeholders.