Vacancy title:Internal Auditor
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Purpose of this Job opening is to ensure organization strategic objectives are achieved through monitoring and reporting on non-compliance of statutory and organization policies and procedures.
Main purpose of the position
The Purpose of this Job opening is to ensure organization strategic objectives are achieved through monitoring and reporting on non-compliance of statutory and organization policies and procedures. .
- Document, evaluate and test systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness, ensuring: (i) compliance with policies and procedures; (ii) accomplishment of management’s objectives; (iii) reliability and integrity of information; (iv) economical use of resources; and (v) safeguarding of assets.
- Develop and discuss findings, agree on recommendations and timelines for corrective action with responsible officer of operations audited, and monitor the implementation status of the agreed recommendations.
- Ensure procurement processes are complied and no management interference in the processes.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared and presented according to applicable international standards i.e. IFRS, ISAs and IPSAs.
- Ensure budgets are timely prepared and complied with and any variances are investigated and reported for immediate actions.
- Ensure recruitments, training and retention is done on merits and open. Identify training needs, develop training programs and materials, and conduct workshops with respect to auditing approaches and techniques.
- Ensure Organizational image is protected and all stakeholders’ complaints are attained.
- To review steps in operational processes and notify control gaps and the person involved and report to management to cover those gaps for operations efficiency.
- To attend and encourage Audit team in professional workshops and seminars in up keeping audit professional ahead audit management.
- To design controls that will mitigate risks in the business operations and to lead investigation team on any suspected frauds and report to authority.
- Objectively report to the Board, Audit –Risk committee and operationally report to Executive Director.
- To conduct due diligences prior organization engagement into new business or partnership or subsidiaries and be ahead with management plans and objectives and advise using vast research, knowledge and experience in the field.
- Ensure compliance with tax matters, country labor laws and other statutory requirements as from the definition of the internal audit to be a consultant and advise on organization management by monitoring costs vs. revenue reported
- To plan, engage and report on quarterly, semiannually or annually in auditing universe and to prepare audit reports and other agenda and present to board Audit and risk committee.
- To be secretary in the Board for Audit and risk committee and record minutes in such meetings by recording all board directives to management and internal audit.
- To lead internal audit team through coaching, discussions and act in professional in supervision of any assignment carried out.
- To ensure organization strategic objectives are achieved through monitoring and reporting on non-compliance of statutory and organization policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as determined by the Executive Director.
University degree, or equivalent in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field. Certification as certified Public Accountant Tanzania (CPAT), Chartered Accountant (CA), certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent is desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration or related area in control is required. Working experience in private sectors is desirable.
English and Swahili are the working languages of the united Republic of Tanzania. For this post, fluency in English and Swahili is required.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications should be through electronic mail and addressed to:-
Deadline for the application is 10th September 2020.