Investment & Enterprise Technical Director, Tanzania Horticulture Development Activity
- Organization: Winrock International
- Country: United Republic of Tanzania
- City: Dar es Salaam
- Deadline Date: Friday, 21 August 2020
Winrock is seeking a qualified Investment & Enterprise Technical Director for an anticipated USAID-funded project that aims to increase the commercialization, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of horticulture market systems in Tanzania. The project will follow a systems approach to transform the organization of horticulture markets – transforming the relationships between end-market buyers and smallholder suppliers, on the one hand, and agro-dealers and smallholders, on the other. As a result of strengthened systems relationships, it is expected that end-market buyers and agro-dealers will provide technical services and in-kind credit to smallholders as well as more efficient transactions in output and input markets. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
The Investment & Enterprise Technical Director will oversee facilitative interventions that:
- Support market system actors – including smallholder producer organizations – to improve their business and financial management systems and increase their access to investment and working capital.
- Build the capacity of market actors to develop investment-ready business plans and access credit, equity investments, and other financial products.
- Collaborate with financial institutions to develop and scale appropriate saving and lending products that respond to social, cultural and economic dynamics of target beneficiaries.
- Identify opportunities for ICT-based solutions to improve accessibility of financial services
- Strengthen community-based social safety nets through expansion of saving and lending membership groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in business administration, agribusiness, finance, economics, or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years of practical experience in facilitating market systems interventions
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships with the private sector – including financial service providers and investors
- Experience with both formal and informal mechanisms for engaging business development service providers and accessing finance from commercial lenders and private investors
- A nuanced understanding of agricultural policy, economics, and market dynamics
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Technical understanding of key principles of gender mainstreaming and youth empowerment.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their CV and cover letter via the Winrock careers page at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4800357002&gh_jid=4800357002