Position Title: IT ANALYST (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the mine IT systems. The IT Analyst will also be involved in developing, establishing and execution of Business Systems / Information Technology policies, standards, and procedures.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
The following are the accountabilities and authorities of this role:
- Installation, configuration and upgrading servers, desktops and laptops operating systems on hardware.
- Configuration commissioning and decommissioning of office automation equipments.
- Analyze and recommend computers and computer peripheral equipment for users.
- Determine user needs and modify computers and office automation equipment to suit their needs
- Loads software programs into servers, computers and laptops that are basically needed for users.
- Configuring email accounts to users. Joining servers, desktops, laptops and office equipment to the domain
- Respond to queries from users and provide advice accordingly.
- Solve client’s technical problems by phone or attending their station in person.
- Repair any of the business systems equipment where possible to do so
- Perform preventive maintenance of office automation equipments timely, on a required time cycle as scheduled.
- Register newly installed business systems equipment and decommission them when necessary and follow-up asset disposal procedure to completely remove equipment from office environments.
- 1 st line of support for 2way radios, CCTV, and access control Systems.
- Upkeep of business systems equipment register.
- This role has the authority to disable any user group that has access to Shanta Gold network systems whereby there is no documentation to validate that a user or access group has been authorized to have that access.
- Uninstall any application that has been installed in any computer and that application has cost implication for the company while the application has been Installed without following business systems policy.
- Remove user access rights from the application and shared folders whereby no evidence is available to validate that a user or group has been granted access to the application or shared folder.
- Delete media files from the servers that are not for business purposes
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Telecommunication, Electronics, Computer Engineering.
- Cisco Systems knowledge
- VMware Technology Knowledge
- Veeam Technology knowledge
- Good understanding of Microsoft operating systems both servers and desktop versions
- Good understanding of Cloud computing technologies (Azure)
- Good understanding of Microsoft SharePoint technology
- Understanding of Cyber, IT Security and IT General Controls.
- Understanding of WAN, LAN, and WIFI technologies
- Hands on skills on Computers and Printer troubleshooting and repair
- 2 years related experience in mining industry
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021