Johns Hopkins University
Center for Communication Programs (TZ) Limited
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Working Title: IT and Assets Management Officer
Seeking candidates for the position of IT and Assets Management Officer for the Tanzania Vector Control Activity (TVCA), a USAID/President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI)-funded project for implementing proven, evidence-based vector control approaches in Tanzania to reduce the burden of malaria, managed by Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP).
The successful candidate will be based in Dar Es Salaam with travel assignments within Tanzania. They report to the Human Resources and Administrative Manager.
- Provide support to Desktop Publishing Services (DTP) specifically users of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, and Adobe Flash
- Setup and maintain a file server
- Setup e-mail accounts for new staff, provide orientation, and perform email troubleshooting
- Maintain groups lists and ensuring people are included and removed as appropriate and timely
- Backing up project files and closing e-mail accounts when staff terminate
- Perform routine back-up of individual and networked drives not less than monthly and draft and adhere to disaster recovery protocols
- Ensure all computing devices are equipped with antivirus software and are password protected
- Prioritize, schedule and respond to a variety of IT help requests from staff either in-person or via phone or e-mail in a prompt and courteous manner
- Document and manage help requests electronically, which may include the use of help ticket tracking or other IT support software either in-house or cloud-based
- Ensure specific care and maintenance of certain IT equipment and assets as needed (e.g.
cool and secure environments, the use of racks, etc.)
- Provide support for common features of CCP’s standard suite of software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, QuickBooks, and SPSS
- Work across multiple operating system environments like Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Establish and maintain file and mail servers either in-house or external
- Orient and train staff on correct and appropriate uses and features of hardware and software issued routinely and as needed
- Install and maintain IT peripherals and equipment
- Identify gaps in the office’s IT infrastructure and suggest ways to address the gaps timely
- Stay abreast and inform staff of IT security breaches, scams, virus, etc. on a routine and as needed basis
- Update hardware, software, IT peripherals, and equipment as needed
- Determine office internet needs and work with service providers to set-up, maintain, and repair internet connections routinely and as needed
- Draft SOWs for external IT firm to provide basic general IT service support arrange for onsite support when the IT Officer is unavailable
- Prepare meeting spaces with IT and multimedia equipment
- University degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of IT with a combination of IT Management, Networking and help—desk/desktop user support
- Experience supporting/working in a mixed PC and Macintosh computers environment, expert knowledge of Apple MAC hardware, software, and peripherals and expert proficiency with current MAC OS X versions.
- Advanced proficiency supporting Office for Macintosh.
- Strong presentation skills, excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, and multitasking.
- Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to interface with all levels of staff in a multi-cultural environment
- Certifications such as ITIL, A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
Instructions for submitting your application:
The requirements differ for each job posting. Please review the full job description to ensure you meet the needs of the job to which you are applying.
All candidates are required to submit an up to date Cover Letter, CV, and other application materials using our web form. The form includes a drop-down menu that contains a list of our open positions. You must select the name of the open position you are interested in before completing the form. If you are applying for more than one position, please submit a separate entry for each application.
All applications must be submitted using this form, Select the job you are applying for:
Deadline for receiving applications is 03 September, 2020 at 11:59 pm GMT +3.