IT Assistant at International Rescue Committee
IRC – International Rescue Committee (IRC) Jobs, Employment Kibondo (Nduta and Mtendeli), Kigoma
Requisition ID: req7695
Job Title: IT Assistant
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
- Ensure that all IRC computers and printers in Kibondo, Mtendeli and Nduta are in working order. Advice supervisor in the maintenance of computers, printers and other IT equipment as requested.
- Level I Support – Including but not limited to assistance with password resets, account creations, desktop and laptop builds and printer support
- Level II Help Desk Support – Including but not limited to anti-virus assistance, Windows 7 support, Microsoft Office 2013 support, general laptop, desktop and printer repair, and light network troubleshooting
- ICT equipment inventory – This position will work our Global Supply Chain department in imaging, distributing and tracking all ICT hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software.
- Ensure all user are connected Kibondo DC and update through Kace is replication to their PC.
- Carry out normal routine services of all LAN systems and Internet connections for Kibondo, Mtendeli and Nduta Internet.
- Supervise computer users and ensure that they are handling computers and accessories as per IRC procedures. Inform all computer users of any alert on virus attack to their computers.
- Ensure that no staff will do repairs or any tempering on computers software or hardware.
- Train staff on simple computer handling and replacing of parts like installing cartridges, back up. Ensuring that computer operations are not affected during his/her planned or unplanned absence. Common duties
- Attend and participate in training identified/organized by your supervisor. Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (Tz and World-wide) as per the IRC Tz reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Education: Minimum Diploma in Information Technology on the relevant field. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.