The Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Rwanda and the United Republic of Tanzania have received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Power Project (RRFP). The Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Rwanda and the United Republic of Tanzania, through a Shareholders Agreement and the Implementation Agreement, jointly seek to develop the 80MW Regional Rusumo Hydroelectric Power Plant (‘the Project”) through a Special Purpose Vehicle Company, the Rusumo Power Company Limited (RPCL). The RPCL has been established by the three governments to develop, construct, finance, insure, own, operate and maintain the Hydropower plant/Generation Facility.
The Rusumo Power Company Limited (RPCL) intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to recruit the following key staff positions within the company and now invite qualified individuals to apply for the following positions:
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR IT ENGINEER POSITION
STATUS OF THE RUSUMO FALLS HYDROELECTRIC PROJECT (RPCL)
The project is in the implementation phase with two contractors on board namely joint venture of CGCOC Group and Jiangxi Water and Hydropower Construction from China for Civil works (Contract Package 1(CP-‐1) and Consortium of RUSUMO Falls ANDRITZ Hydro GmbH & ANDRITZ Pvt Ltd from Germany and India respectively for Electromechanical Works
Contract Package 2 (CP-‐2.).
The project is being implemented through a public financed, public owned and privately managed mechanism. A Special Purpose Vehicle namely RUSUMO POWER COMPANY LIMITED (RPCL) has been established by the three Governments to oversee the implementation and operation of the project. Although its shareholders are the three Governments, RPCL will operate as private company. NELSAP is implementing the project on behalf of RPCL.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The Regional RUSUMO Falls Hydroelectric Project is located at RUSUMO Falls on the KAGERA River which forms the border between RWANDA and TANZANIA. Power production facilities are located entirely on the right bank of the KAGERA River in TANZANIA, while the Switchyard is located on the left bank of the River KAGERA in RWANDA.
The RUSUMO POWER COMPANY LIMITED (RPCL) has been established as a corporate identity with shareholding by the three Governments and it is the owner of Regional RUSUMO Falls Hydroelectric Project. NELSAP is implementing the agency through a Project Implementation Support Agreement (PISA) with RPCL. Within this document reference is made to both NELSAP and the RPCL roles reflecting the intended transition from NESLSAP to the RPCL toward completion and commissioning of construction works.
OBJECTIVE OF THE RECRUITMENT
The objective of this assignment is to employ a suitably qualified IT Engineer with technical skills in IT problem-‐solving. The duties of an IT Engineer include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
The appointed candidate will be located at RPCL Rusumo offices
Type of Appointment/ contact:
RPCL will offer a successful candidate an Open ended type of contract
IT Engineer will report to Plant Manager who will assess and evaluate him/her during performance evaluation
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are
- Repairing or replacing damaged
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all
- Installing and upgrading anti-‐virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and
- Conducting daily backup
- Managing technical
- IT engineer is responsible for testing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking systems to meet the needs of the
- IT engineer is required to train staff and manage projects
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related
- 10 years’ experience in computer networks and systems
- A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation
- Experience using computer aided software engineering tools and
- Experience in rolling out Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) applications in medium to large sized companies or government
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software
- Knowledges in new accounting standards (IFRS) will constitute a great
- Proven track record developing and supporting effective business
- Work well with our network administrator, security analyst, hardware analyst, business analyst, support specialist and other team
Must be able to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations
Thorough knowledge of English/French, and/or one of the regional languages is an added advantage
Interested applicants from Burundi Rwanda and Tanzania are invited to express interest in the assignment by submitting a cover letter, Copy of Education Certificates and CV including date of birth and nationality by 5 January 2021 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time through the email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the Managing Director email@example.com
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- The above positions will be based at the Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Power Plant site on the Rwanda-Tanzania Boarder. Staff will be appointed on an Open ended type of contract with a probation period of 6 months.
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
- Only qualified candidates who are nationals of the participating and shareholder countries of Republic of Burundi, Republic of Rwanda, and United Republic of Tanzania are eligible to apply. The positions will be filled up based on equity and balance of the shareholder countries.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS.
Interested qualified candidates should electronically submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, academic certificates and copies of relevant documents/testimonials, addressed to the Chairperson Board of Directors, Rusumo Power Company Board (RPCL) by 5th January 2021 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time through the email: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com , the email should labeled “candidate name” and title of position applied for.
Detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) can be accessed by clicking on each position above.
Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short-listed for the interview will be contacted