About the Company
Letshego Tanzania Limited (LTL) T/a Faidika commenced operations in Tanzania in 2006 and has been a subsidiary of Letshego Holdings Limited (LHL), an International Financial Services Centre-accredited holding company, since inception. Faidika predominantly offers unsecured consumer loans, using the deduction at source model, to its customers. Through these convenient and appropriate loans, the company has managed to grow its customer base to more than 45,000 Tanzanians and is one of eleven LHL subsidiaries that offer financial services across Southern, East and West Africa with lending and deposit-taking subsidiaries.
JOB DESCRIPTION: IT OFFICER
The IT Officer shall be the first point of contact for all MIS related issues. He/she shall be responsible for the information systems user support for all LTL systems. Key focus areas are: user training on existing and new systems, responding to and addressing all escalated system issues and needs and ensuring MIS support remains constant.
- Provide 1st level support to all office assistants, back office, and finance personnel using the MIS system and all hardware related issues
- Ensure Daily backup of LTL Servers, Shared user documents and key user’s laptops and PCs.
- Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting of PCs, printers, routers, access points, cabling and other software and hardware
- LAN and WAN installation and maintenance
- Provide periodic training for Back Office and Branch Personnel on system functions, upgrades, and changes
- Taking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Assist in testing for all network and infrastructure changes
- Assist in implementation of any system changes in KenyEnsure system maintenance issues are reported via the in-house tracking system and escalated if necessary to the IT Manager Kenya or Network and Infra resource in group.
- Work closely with the country IT Manager and Group IT resources to ensure IT system meets institutional needs and standards.
- Testing and evaluating new technology
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment and UPSs
- Ensure that Branch Office Administrator receive on-time technical support.
- Train all system users in system functionalities and any new technologies or upgrades.
- Report activities and challenges to supervisor on a regular basis
- Ensure adherence to IT Policy by all staff
- Perform any other duty that may be delegated by the immediate supervisor or any other authorized manager at LTL
- Manage all Kenya network and infrastructure issues and ensure they are reported through the in-house tracking system and then onwards if necessary to the IT Manager
- Work to continually improve efficiencies through technology and innovative concepts
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- A previous professional experience in an added advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft office, excel and power point environment
- Working experience of not less than 3years.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application explaining why they are the best fit for the position by 3rd June, 2019 through email address:[email protected]
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not an in-depth list of the duties and responsibilities associated with the position. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.