Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
IT Officers (3 Post)
Reports to IT Manager
In this role, you’ll be responsible for installations and upgrades on our company’s computers, tablets. You will also provide our staff with training on using hardware, software, and cloudbased services. To ensure success as an IT officer, you should display the strong technical aptitude needed to help staff solve their technical issues as quickly as possible.
Ultimately, an outstanding IT officer should be able to thrive in the rapidly changing industry of information technology. Also positions involves frequently travelling to various region across the country
- Managing and maintaining a company’s technological equipment, such as computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Ensuring that company devices interconnect with file servers, email servers, and financial systems seamlessly.
- Installing, upgrading, and managing software and hardware on company devices.
- Managing all software licensing.
- Keeping an inventory of all company electronic assets.
- Providing staff with training on how to use hardware, software, and cloud-based services.
- Creating instructions for program installation sequences.
- Performing backups and restoring lost data as needed.
- Evaluating and recommending software purchases to the IT manager.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer technology, or a similar field.
At least two years’ experience as an IT officer or related role.
Expertise in IT tools and concepts, such as operating systems and internet protocol suites.
Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations.
Experience working with Microsoft Office 2016, 2019, or Office 365.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical personnel.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
- Barrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5th April 2021 at 5:30pm
- All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
- All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; [email protected]
- And all applications should be addressed to
Director of Human Resources, Barrick Group,
P.O Box 18699,
Dar es salaam.