GIZ assists the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development worldwide. Our actions are guided by the principles of sustainability.We advocate for human rights, equal opportunities and integrity, and we promote market-oriented, ecological and social economic development. We work to shape a future worth living around the world.
The GIZ Country Office Tanzania is looking for a qualified person to fill the position of IT Professional.
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Terms of the Contract: Fixed term contract
• Ensuring that IT and management systems operate and function correctly implementing and complying with GIZ IT standards
• Regularly updating computer software providing technical support to projects and programmes relating to IT and databases
• Ensures the availability of up-to-date hardware (laptops, servers, all PCs) in accordance with current GIZ standards
• Deals with maintenance of PCs, notebooks, printers, digital cameras, scanners and other hardware
• Discusses possible new purchases of or improvements to hardware and networks with the administrative manager, based on the requirements and recommendations outlined in GIZ’s IT guidelines
• Implements, maintains and configures all standard GIZ software (e.g.APS.AMS, MS Office,WinPACCS, SAP)
• Tests new or upgraded software and updates all the software to the latest versions
• Provides and maintains backup programmes to ensure system availability
• Regularly updates antivirus software
• Maintains and updates existing web sites
• Coordinates necessary modifications to the existing home page in consultation with office management and the project or programme managers is responsible for the availability of the LAN, installs any updates and ensures routine, professional maintenance of the necessary hardware, installs and maintains the LAN
• Consults with suppliers to guarantee the availability of the network, telephone system and IT hardware
• Monitors the market for quality and value for money, and is responsible for specifying and procuring computer equipmen
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• BSc/MSc in IT
• Familiarity with IT hardware and software used at GIZ, IT network systems, database software, GIZ intranet and basic understanding of specific GIZ software (SAP, APS, AMS, PACCS, etc.)
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone,fax, email,the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Good knowledge of English, ideally a knowledge of German
Microsoft IDA knowledge is an advantage Applications:
Interested candidates are invited to send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to [email protected]
Please use the subject line “IT Professional”.
Closing date for submission: 31.10.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.