Reports to: Senior IT Manager
The Information Technology Service Desk Officer reports to the Senior IT Manager and provide user support on HJFMRI-Tanzania computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot reported problems or escalate for urgent attention, or advice on the appropriate cause of action.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all HJFMRI organizational standards.
• Assist to Complete Knowledge on Designing and documenting databases with Data Modeling.
• Serve as liaison between department staff and the ICT unit to resolve issues reported from staff through email@example.com email.
• Assisting in Implementing, administrates and maintaining databases.
• Assist in Troubleshoot computer problems.
• Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software.
• Work one-on-one with staff on applications assistance.
• Provide recommendations on department applications best use.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Perform hardware and software installations.
• Provide on-the-job assistance to new department staff members.
• Provides at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
• Support regular and reliable backups and ensure that the Data backup and system are functioning.
• Respects confidentiality in discussing staff and partner organizational matters, also maintains confidentiality of HJFMRI and its project, fiscal and personnel related information.
• Reports to work regularly and on time.
• Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
The following computer proficiency is (are) required: Internet Explorer; Microsoft Access; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Publisher; Microsoft Word; Lotus Notes.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts (basic math).
HOW TO APPLY
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or sent through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.