NORPLAN Tanzania Ltd (NORPLAN) is a multidisciplinary Consultancy firm registered with Engineers Registration Board as a Local Consulting Company under Registration Number LCF 092. NORPLAN is a member of Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania (ACET) hence directly affiliated with F1D1C.
NORPLAN is seeking services of an IT Specialist – Senior On-Site Deskside Support Technician.
General Purpose of Role:
Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems that arc difficult and complex. Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots desktop hardware and software packages. Interacts with end-users to identify current computing procedures and desktop-based LAN systems software operations and makes selection recommendations accordingly. Needs to coordinate with other teams or departments and external service providers and vendors to resolve user problems. Also responsible for customer service and end-user training.
General Level Summary:
Responsible for performing difficult and complex work assignments involving independent judgment to determine a course of action consistent with established functional and organization’s policies and goals. Ability to lead and/ or train lesser seasoned individuals and carry out performance oversight
Graduate and relevant experience on similar role, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Advanced support position, performing assignments that arc broad and complex in nature
Routinely makes decisions that involve independent judgment to dctcnninc a course of action which is consistent with established functional policies and goals covered only by general procedures; Supervision at this level is extremely infrequent and is typically necessary only to understand departmental goals and work objectives.
Under limited supervision, plans and conducts and may supervise work of self and others. Has ability to lead functional or project teams. May participate in cross-functional collaboration.
Has no direct reports, but may take a lead role in project type assignments.
Proficiently communicates ideas and concepts, persuading and influencing through participation in the preparation and delivery of proposals, presentations and reports.
Systems, Processes & Tools:
Advanced understanding of systems, processes and tools related to field. Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues. May be involved in the development of new systems, processes and tools.
Health & Safety:
- Demonstrates full commitment to all health and safety matters and provides safety leadership to project team.
- Satisfies all requirements of functional or project safety compliance including, where required, project site inductions
- Has participated in any required HSL training such as manual handling and heavy lifting, and other office environment and housekeeping training
- Is able to present safcty/onc-way moments to other members of the team
- Client support as needed (in person)
- Executive level support as needed (in person)
- Conference room setup & support
- Hardware imaging / rcimaging & provisioning
- Smart Hands activities for nctwork/scrvcr/infrastruc- turc teams on site
- Interface with vendors for on site support needs (audio / visual, vendors specific to data center or network maintenance, etc)
- In person site visits as needed to remote sites in country.
- HotDesk support (set up, break-fix, dccom, etc)
- End of Lease processing (killdisk, packaging & return)
- Processing termination hardware returns
- Logistics interface for eWaste / recycling
- Freight logistics for hardware shipping and receiving as needed
- Reprographic device support as needed
- Workstation Infrastructure and End-user Environment
- End-user Services Request Fulfillment Role Specifications:
- Workstation Maintenance and Refresh
- Provides timely feedback to end users on their IT service requests and Incidents
- Resolves desktop issues with various operating systems (i.c. Windows, Mac, Mobile devices)
- Provides installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting support of computer hardware, software, desktop applications, printers, and computer peripherals
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools, techniques and technologies
- Participates in development and support of business continuity planning activities
- Supports and troubleshoots for video conferencing and presentation services
- Provides mobile device support for iOS/Android
- Able to facilitate timely routing and /escalation of IT issues and service requests to the appropriate points of contact
- Provides technical support and training to end users
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in a variety of projects as required
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with ITSM tools (Service Now)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with operating systems (Windows, Mac, and others)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Manager, other DSS / RDSS / Support Functions, and third line support teams, on the operational aspects of associated services to meet or exceed committed service levels
- Executes the operation, reporting and continuous improvement of the services and functions required to deliver and support infrastructure services and products to meet the needs of the business
- Perfonns processes to ensure the stability, capacity and performance of associated services and functions. Addresses and adjusts services as needed to maintain or exceed service levels to business
- For accountable services, partners with the IT organizations responsible for ITIL service management-based processes associated with Incident, Problem, Change, Availability, and Release Management
- Works as part of a team that leverages agile approaches to meet business needs at an accelerated pace
- In partnership with senior operations support analysts, identifies, documents, and resolves infrastructure issues affecting computing service users
- Under general direction, develops and implements technical solutions for issues that arc of a simple to difficult complexity
- Understands the existing departmental/unit/functional processes and procedures
- Understands workflow, process inputs and outputs, dependencies, etc. specific to their role
- Organizes time and information in a manner conducive to a high level of personal productivity; able to multi-task in an environment driven by time-constrained deliverables
- Adapts to change and works effectively in a dynamic environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Mode of Application:
If you believe you meet the above qualifications please send your application to the address indicated below. The application letter should be enclosed with;
- Curriculum Vitae with two referees
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards
- One passport size photograph attached to application letter
The Managing Director
NORPLAN Tanzania Limited
Consulting Engineers and Planners House Number 20, Warioba Street, Mikocheni B, Kinondoni
P.O. Box 2820
Dar es Salaam
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 04 February 2022.