IT Support Associate
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Reporting To: Support Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam,
We are searching for a Support Associate to join our product team. This hands-on forerunner will provide country level automation, training and requirements gathering assistance to our customers and internal users while managing additional support staff. The person will assess software issues prior to deployment, while also supporting systems once live, including managing integration partners and technology service providers.
Essential qualities for this role include obsessive attention to detail, effective written and oral
communication, technical abilities to solve problems and prototype solutions, and people skills address reported issues effectively with different stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Providing assistance to company staff or customers with technology-related issues
• Support the proprietary company software
• Conducting primary level software and hardware troubleshooting and escalating issues to IT teams within the firm
• Implementing and assisting on the roll-out of new applications
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Responding promptly to user queries about the apps/tools supported by the team via chat or email
• Maintain inventory of IT equipment and communication IT providers
• Giving regular maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems
The successful candidate will possess:
• Knowledge of Google Suite tools (Google Sheets, Docs and Slides)
• Knowledge of SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience
• Team player with good interpersonal skills
• Proficient in the English language
• Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
• Desire to go above and beyond to help users and customers and resolve their issues
• A calm and patient attitude to listen to the problems, perform research in that direction to come up with significant solutions for the problems.
• Ability to work without supervision
• Willingness to work in shifts
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com by 29th February 2020 clearly indicating the position on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.