Equity Bank is the region’s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong foot print in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and now in DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 14 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individual of to fill the position below;
POSITION: SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS (2)
The developer will serve as the subject matter expert for the technologies and solutions used in the development of the business applications and integrations.
The developer will work closely with project managers, team lead and business analysts in defining requirements /stories for system functions. Provides vision, expertise and technologybased solutions in long range planning in the area of systems design. Will utilise in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business requirements to recommend solutions that are user friendly, efficient and scalable. Ability to communicate in group settings as well as ability to collaborate within team and cross teams.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide product solutions and technical oversight for multiple concurrent projects, including sharing expertise on standards, guidelines, and design best practices for the solution based on industry accepted practices.
- Develop software applications according to the technical documentation and designs provided by the Business Analysts
- Ensure that the solution developed is in line with the coding standards.
- Translate workflow steps into business process activities and nested processes.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Design and update database objects to support an application
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Performs Unit testing level throughout the application development life-cycle.
- Ensures that code revisions are maintained in the Group’s source code repository.
- Maintain a coding style that conforms to that specified by the Lead, Software Developer.
- Develop release documentation for completed and tested applications/solution preparatory to go live. Collaborates with the Business Analyst to develop operational/technical/support documentation for end users where applicable Ensures that the application is ready for the User Acceptance Test (UAT) as per the test plan developed by the Business Analysts.
- Ensure that all software defects reported during the UAT are corrected before Go-Live.
- Carry out routine maintenance to applications as the need arises on the development environment only and make patches available for production as may be required.
- Constantly update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications. Perform Other duties / Special Projects as assigned
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills Good communication skills and the ability to work well within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills in business analysis, systems design, technical design and specification and implementation of major information and technical systems.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of new technologies, development practices, architecture methodologies, and software quality practices.
- Demonstrable experience to work in a team undertaking the design, development, implementation, support, and administration of major information and technical systems.
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions. Good project management skills.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Information Technology or related course
- 4+ years of software development and design experience
- Experience of developing integrations on Oracle Fusion Middleware (BPEL, BPM, OSB) an added advantage
- High level knowledge of SOA frameworks, and web services integration via SOAP, XML. XSL, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery, WSDL, etc.
- Expertise in relational database concepts and database management systems.
- Expert understanding of object oriented programming and multi-threaded languages
- Good understanding of object oriented programming and multi-threaded languages.
- Exposure to SQL Server, PostgreSQL or Oracle Database and MySQL experience highly desirable
- Solid experience in using design patterns
Key Performance Indicators:
- Increase the deposits retention to TZs 10B as per the annual target.
- Increase the cashless accounts by 1680 new cashless accounts to close the year with a cumulative accounts of 2840 accounts.
- To grow cashless accounts turnovers to TZs 500B annually.
- To Link up the ecosystems to the relevant bank sectors or departments to enjoy at least 2 bank products every quarter.
- The above positions are demanding roles which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
Method of Application:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, e-mail address and telephone contacts, and copies of academic and professional certificates, quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received before January 21, 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.