Job Opportunity at Geita Gold Mining (GGML) – Senior Specialist (Production and Technical)
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km from Mwanza City and 20 km South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 km west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position mentioned below:
Position: Senior Specialist: Production and Technical
Job Number: GGM-2019-XPE-04
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager – Process Plant
Qualifications: BSc Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering.
Experience: Minimum 20 years’ experience in gold processing plants with management experience
Purpose of the Role: To provide direct support to the process manager in developing, managing and integrating systems of work for the operational and technical functions of the GGM Process Plant, and in creating a managerial team capable of developing and managing people to safely process the ore and consistently deliver the production and cost targets.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Health, Safety, Environment: actively promoting discussion, awareness and improvement of safety and environmental aspects of work practices and striving for workplaces free of injury and illness.
- Providing direct operational and technical support to the process manager in delivering operational and metallurgical outputs:
- Providing direct support with regards to delivering the business improvement / operational excellent program
- Coaching, training and mentoring of production and technical staff
- Technical Authorities – Application/utilisation of Technology / Systems.
- Safety Authorities – Decision making power to stop operations due to unsafe practices or safety risk.
- Governance Authorities – Governance Authorities
- Technical Competencies
- Trouble shooting & problem-solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Plant functioning
- Hazardousness / chemical material controls
- Long-term business planning and execution
- Personal Effectiveness Appraisal & Review
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Senior Specialist: Production and Technical /or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 22 November 2019 1730HRS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.