Job: Commercial Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 07/Jan/2020
Unposting Date: 20/Jan/2020
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Be flexible, responsive and accessible; maintain frequent but added-value contact with client
- Build relationships with decision makers and influences within a client’s circle of influence
- Follow up quickly on outstanding issues, updates or questions to ensure flawless execution
- Act as an advocate for client and help them to navigate the Bank
- Obtain feedback from client and seek to exceed their expectations
- Able to drive CVP in a strategic level related to certain business segment.
- Provide expert guidance to the team on targeting market prospects
- Align profitability goals with client needs by negotiating terms as a package with the group
- Shape client base segmentation and business development strategy
- Provide expert guidance to the team on holding a client pitch
Risk & Compliance
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the bank
- Understand and implement the Bank’s procedures to independently assess and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients
- Formulate and lead in building bank’s short term and long term credit risk strategies at unit / country level
- Ensure that staff only pitch relevant Financial Markets products to clients based on their risk profile within the appropriateness framework
Credit Risk – Core
- Perform with confidence credit and accounting analysis techniques, including cashflow analysis, ratio analysis and sources of revenue for a client
- Apply knowledge of working knowledge of internal credit and regulatory policies, procedures, guidelines and products etc, in managing client and portfolio level credit risksFollow the Bank’s procedures to complete risk assessment and recommend strategies for and credit exposures to clients with a moderate risk profile
- Ability to identify opportunities in offering the appropriate product to the client from the bank’s product suite keeping in view the customer risk profile and credit facility needs.
- Monitor for early warning signs of changing risk environment which may impact client and breaches in approval terms and condition. The candidate should be in a position to understand and propose necessary actions which work together the best interests of the bank.
- Respond quickly to all internal or regulatory requirements or policy changes
Our Ideal Candidate
- Business or accounting related degree.
- MBA/ACA preferred.
- Minimum 7 years experience in a corporate banking environment of which minimum 2 years should be of managing corporate client relationships.
- Sound understanding of corporate treasury products, trade finance products, Retail Clients products.
- Strong credit appraisal and marketing skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial information.
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of the region.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- High quality experience in a credit management position with proven ability to manage a team.