The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA) is a quasi-independent Government body responsible for regulating the Communications in Tanzania. It was established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Act No.12 of 2003 to regulate the electronic communications, Postal services and Broadcasting (for Mainland Tanzania only) in the United Republic of Tanzania. The Authority became operational on 1 st November 2003 and effectively took over the functions of the now defunct Tanzania Communications Commission (TCC) and Tanzania Broadcasting Commission (TBC) respectively.
For effective implementation of its duties and responsibilities, TCRA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy in its establishment.
Job Position: ICT OFFICER I – Four Positions
Designing and developing software applications based on technical solutions. The primary objective is to help TCRA be more efficient by developing technology based solutions in a cost-effective way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and identify technologies appropriate for TCRA’s operations;
- Designing, coding and debugging software applications in various software languages (Java, C/C++, .NET, PHP);
- Carry out Software testing, quality assurance and maintenance of standards compliance;
- Support & maintain TCRA systems and document software functionalities;
- Integrate TCRA Application Software Systems;
- Execute other assignments as may be assigned from time to time by superiors
Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of at least Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Data Science or equivalent qualifications from recognized institution with working experience of at least three (3) years in related field.
- Relevant recognized ICT professional certifications such as C, C++, Python and Ruby Python
- Certifications and/or Java Certified Programmers and/or Microsoft Certified Solutions
- Developer and/or Certified Secure Software Life cycle Professional and Strong knowledge and experience with relational database systems (preferably MS SQL Server) and SQL will be an added advantage.
- Essential Skills/Abilities
- Good knowledge of UML and ASP.NET, plus Net and MS Windows SDK/APIs;
- Good knowledge on Web Services, XML technologies and strong troubleshooting, debugging and analysis skills;
- Advanced knowledge of mobile application such as iOS and Android Platform, SMS Gateway, SMPP, Database Optimization;
- Practical knowledge and skills relevant to the job
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team player especially with system analysts and designers;
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage complex and delicate tasks;
- Results and performance-driven with commitment to realization of the Authority’s strategic objectives;
- Able to work independently and manages expected deliverables;
- Flexible, proactive, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure;
- Self confidence in work planning and decision making;
- A good feeling for confidentiality and working in a procedural matter.
- A person with good communication skills, orally articulate, good written communication skills, good writer, good analyzer and good listener;
- Ability to draw reasonable, logical conclusions or assumptions from limited information;
- Display a great deal of creativity in problem solving and who pays attention to
- Visionary person who can create code and libraries that are open to refactoring and easy to use in all code languages and who is able to see that the impact of present-day decisions is paramount to building
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 35 years of age;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate
- Applicants who will attach copies of the following certificates will not be considered;
- Form IV and form VI results slips
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- Applicants who have retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
The post applied for should be clearly marked on top of the envelope and addressed to:
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
14414 DARESSALAAM, TANZANIA.
Deadline for application is Monday 25th November 2019;
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
Treated as criminal offence legal action shall be